This is to inform the general public that the management of Igbinedion University, Okada hereby announces to interested candidates that the form for admission into undergraduate programmes are out for the 2014/2015 academic session.
General Entry Requirements:
- To be eligible for admission into the four-year disciplines and five or six-year professional programmes, candidates must possess a minimum of five credits at the GCE/WAEC, SSCE/NECO, or SSCE/NABTEB certificate examinations, which must include English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
In addition, candidates seeking admission into Law must possess at least a credit pass in Literature in English. Candidates awaiting GCE/NECO SSCE/WAEC SSCE/NABTEB results are also encouraged to apply provided the results would be available by September 2014 when the new session commences.
- Candidtate may also seek admission into the 200 level of the degree programmes with the following qualifications:
- Passes in at least two subjects at the Advanced level and an additional subject at the subsidiary level in the General Certificate of Education Examination. The subjects must constitute a suitable preliminary to the intended courses.
- Diploma/NCE at credit level pass and above in the appropriate subjects from a recognized institution.
- IJMB in the appropriate subjects.
- First Degree in relevant discipline.
- In all these cases, candidates must also satisfy the requirements for matriculation viz: five credit passes at the GCE/WAEC SSCE/NECO SSCE/NABTEB Certificate examinations.
Candidatates are required to show evidence of application to JAMB
Candidates applying for admission are required to sit for the 2014/2015 UTME and obtain the prescribed cut-off marks. This is a statutory requirement for entry into Nigerian universities
Candidates who are above 22 years of age will not be deemed eligible for admission. Older candidates may be admitted under exceptional circumstances.
How to Apply
Application forms are obtainable in person on payment of a non-refundable fee of N6,500 (Naira) only in bank draft drawn on any reputable bank, made payable to IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, directly from the under-listed or apply online:
- Igbinedion University, Okada
- Benin Liaison Office, No. 69 Airport Road, Benin City, Edo State,
- Igbinedion Education Centre, 218/220 Murtala Mohammed Way, P.O. Box 24, Benin City, Edo State,
- Lagos Liaison Office, 187, Adeleke Adedoyin Street, Off Kofo Abayomi, Victoria Island Lagos,
- Zenith and Access Bank Branches throughout the country
- NIPOST General Post Offices throughout the country
- Peace Promise International School, Anjorin Street, Anorin Bus Stop, Surulere, Lagos,
- Alvana Model Secondary School, Owerri – Onitsha Road, Owerri, Imo State
- Bereton Montessori Primary School, Plot 270 Stadium Road, G.R.A. Phase IV, Port-Harcourt
- Marketing Department, ITV, Abuja
- Gof International School, Oshogbo
- Government Secondary School, Garki, Abuja
- International School, ISI, University of Ibadan
- El-Amin Int. High School, Minna (Near NECO Headquarters)
- Oyemekun Grammar School Akure
- Barrister Tony Onyia, No 7c Murtala Mohammed Way, Kano,
- Katsina Education Trust Fund, No. 2 Gobarau Road, Gobarau Quarters, Katsina
- Government Secondary School, Katsina
- Mobil Pegasus School, Eket
- Marketing Department, AKBC, Uyo
- Marketing Department, CRBC, Calabar
- Marketing Department, ABS Radio, GRA, Onitsha
- Marketing Department, FRCN, Enugu
Submission of Completed Application Form:
Completed application form must be accompanied with Photostat copies of academic certificates/statements of results, birth certificate and certificate of Local Government Area of origin. All applications are to be addressed to:
Igbinedion University, Okada
Edo State, Nigeria
Applicants are encouraged to send completed forms to the Registrar Igbinedion University or bring them along to the screening centres.
To Apply Online:
Log on to www.iuokada.edu.ng, click on the Online Application Tab, complete and submit the online form, and make a printout of the successfully completed application confirmation page which carries a Registration Number. This should be brought along with a certified bank draft of N6,500 drawn on any reputable bank made payable to Igbinedion University Okada to the preferred screening centre on the day of screening. International applicants can also apply online and forward along with their confirmation page an application fee of US$60, 30BP or 30 Euro payable through international money order or certified cheque made payable to Igbinedion University Okada.
Please note that any confirmation page without a Registration Number will not be processed
Post-UTME Screening Date and Centres:
Screening of applicants will take place in the following centres on Saturday July 19, 2014 (candidates are to report at the screening centre of their choice)
- Benin City: Igbinedion Education Centre (IEC) 218/220 Murtala Mohammed Way, Benin City, Edo State
- Lagos: Peace Promise International School, Anjorin Street, Anorin Bus Stop, Surulere, Lagos;
- Port Harcourt: Bereton Montessori Primary School, Plot 270 Stadium Road, G.R.A. Phase IV, Port Harcourt
- Abuja: Government Secondary School, Garki, Abuja
Time: 10 AM
Candidates who chose Igbinedion University, Okada as their first and second choice JAMB (UMTE) should also attend the screening exercise.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE UNIVERSITY OPENS FOR THE 2014/2015 ACADEMIC SESSION ON 20TH SEPTEMBER, 2014.
Mr. Edwin O. Okoro
FREE EBOOK: How to Write Better and Make Lasting Impacts (DOWNLOAD NOW)