This is to inform the general public that the Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi (FUAM) 2013/2014 academic session postgraduate application form is out.
General Requirements for Admission
The following may qualify for registration for Postgraduate studies leading to the award of:
Postgraduate Diploma :
- Graduates of the University of Agriculture, Makurdi or other recognized Universities in relevant areas.
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) with minimum pass at credit level or equivalent in relevant areas from recognized institutions.
Degree of Masters:
- Candidates who possess a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant areas from University of Agriculture, Makurdi or other recognized universities with a minimum of Second Class Honours.
- Candidates with Third Class Honours Degree or HND (in relevant areas) with appropriate Postgraduate Diploma of the University of Agriculture, Makurdi or from other recognized institutions with minimum CGPA of 3.5 (or at least Upper Credit in the Postgraduate Diploma). In addition, the holders of HND, PGD/PGDE Certificates should satisfy the basic School Certificate or GCE Ordinary Level entry requirements (credit in five relevant subjects) for admission into Bachelors Degrees of the respective departments.
- For M.Sc. Environmental Science, graduates with good honours degree in any of the following disciplines are also qualified: Natural Sciences, Science Education, Relevant Agricultural Sciences, Engineering, Environmental Science, Health Sciences, and other Relevant disciplines from University of Agriculture, Makurdi or other recognized institutions of higher learning.
Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) :
- Holders of Master’s Degree of the University of Agriculture, Makurdi or other recognized Universities with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5- point scale provided that satisfactory research work formed part of the degree.
How to apply
To apply for a course, you will need to complete and submit our online application form. You will find instructions and help throughout the form.
Follow the steps below to apply:
- Create an account online by providing your emails and chosing a password (if you have not done that previously).
- Upon creation of account, a unique application number will be issued. Copy the application number in a save place (Do not delete the email that will be sent to you). It is your reference number through out your application.
- Zenith Bank is currently integrating our API for payments nationwide. As soon as this is completed, you will be able to obtain the form accross the nation. IF you are in makurdi town in Benue State, you can visit Skye Bank, Union Bank, UBA or Zenith Bank and pay a non-refundable application fee of N7,500 only (Bank charges NOT inclusive).
- A comfirmation slip will be issued to you containing a 14-digit unique number as Payment Identification Number (PIN) which will enable you continue your application. Please ensure this number is on the slip printed for you before leaving the bank.
- Return to your application online and complete your application. Ensure you have your O’Level result and your referee email
- Please note that there is NO PGD programme in Electrical Electronics Department
- Go to http://entry.uam.edu.ng/pg/reg.php to begin application
You can save and return to your application as many times as you like before submitting, but your application will expire after 2 weeks of inactivity. We will email you to remind you before this happens.
Visit http://entry.uam.edu.ng/pg/prog.php for list of available programmes.