These programs are sponsored by Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) in production sharing contract with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), with Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCO) as co-venturer The awards, which focus on Geosciences and Engineering disciplines are part of efforts at developing people for rewarding and productive careers in the petroleum industry. To qualify for these scholarship awards, the candidates must have a first degree (First Class or Second Class Upper Division in Geosciences or Engineering disciplines obtained from a Nigerian university, provisional admission for a Master’s degree program in any of the above stated disciplines in a recognized University either in Nigeria or the USA, Canada, United Kingdom or any EU country, for the national or international post graduate award respectively. The candidates must also be among the top performers in the selection tests and interviews conducted.
As at 2012, a total of 100 young Nigerians have been sponsored for international post graduate studies since 1994, while another 109 persons have gone through similar programs in Nigerian universities since 2007 These scholarship programs are amongst several initiatives by the ExxonMobil upstream subsidiary companies EEPNL and MPN), along with the respective partners and co-venturer, to help build capacities of young and brilliant Nigerians and further boost pool of qualified manpower for career opportunities in Nigeria and abroad.
In continuation of efforts to provide opportunities for developing careers in the petroleum industry, Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) is offering Scholarships to outstanding Nigerian graduates wishing to pursue International post-graduate studies in the under listed disciplines:
- Engineering (Petroleum, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics, Civil/Structural, Marine and Subsea)
To qualify, applicants MUST:
1. Must be a graduate from a Nigerian University
2. Must possess a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second class upper division in any of the listed Engineering and Geosciences disciplines.
3. Must have provisional admission to undertake full-time postgraduate study at a reputable foreign University (MSc or MEng) in the 2014/2015 academic session.
The EEPNL scholarship award applies to tuition, books, accommodation and living expenses for the duration of the selected course of study.
- Application closes Midnight, Monday 24th June, 2014.
- Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted with details of the qualifying test via SMS text and Email.
- Employees of ExxonMobil Subsidiary companies in Nigeria and their dependents are not eligible for this Scholarship.
Before you start this application
1. Ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents:
- Passport photograph (with white background not more than 3 months old)
- Valid ID card
- Proof of provisional admission for Postgraduate Study into any reputable university
- First Degree Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
2. Ensure you label these scanned documents accordingly, to avoid mixing up documents during upload.
3. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload.
To apply, Follow the steps below:
a) Click on “apply now” tab.
b) Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
c) Click on http://scholastica.ng/schemes/nnpceepnl to return to Scholarship site.
d) Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
e) Enter your personal information, educational information, National Identity Number (if available), other information and upload required scanned documents.
f) Ensure the name used used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate otherwise.
g) Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
h) Recheck application information to avoid errors.
i) Click “apply now” to submit information.
j) You will receive an email and sms that confirms your application was successful.
k) Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your email and password to download your profile and proceed to have your academic referee sign the document.
l) Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
- Multiple applications shall lead to disqualification
- You must apply before you begin verification of your application details.
For further enquiries call: 07088609791, 07011962033 (Call lines are open from 9am to 5pm Mondays to Fridays)
Email: [email protected]
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!