An eye witness told DailyPost that many of the students and other passengers sustained serious injuries while they were jumping out from the windows of the bus, popularly as Enugu Coal City Shuttle Bus.
It was equally gathered that valuables including laptops and handsets belonging to the students were completely destroyed by fire, which occurred around 2pm near the Enugu State Broadcasting Service, (ESBS) junction.
The coordinator of the Coal City Shuttle Bus, Nnaemeka Ojibe, who spoke to our correspondent said the battery was faulty.
He, however, insisted that the shuttle buses were well maintained.
A victim of the fire disaster and Computer Science Department student of the ESUT, Miss Ebere Okechi told journalists that the fire was discovered by people outside the vehicle.
“I lost my Nokia phone, all the passengers inside the vehicle did not know that the shuttle bus was burning, outsiders were shouting fire, fire before we started jumping out from the bus”, she said.
Although operatives of the Enugu State Fire Service arrived swiftly, the mysterious fire succeeded in destroying almost all the vital parts of the car and valuables of passengers.
But, the operatives succeeded in preventing the fire from spreading to other places.
In a related development, a Duplex located along Brown and Brown in Independence Layout Enugu was gutted by fire around 11am. (Daily Post)
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!