The Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, Kaduna State has elevated 23 Ph.D holders to the status of professors.
This is contained in a statement issued on Saturday in Zaria, by the institution’s Head of Information and Public Affairs, Dr Sama’ila Shehu, and made available to the News Agency of Nigeria.
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Remedial & Basic Studies (IJMB) Registration Procedure for 2021/2022 Academic Session
- ABU Calls For Proposal for Award of Honorary Degrees
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Resumption Date
- ASUU Strike: Imo State University (IMSU) Pulls Out, Resumes Academic Session
- ABU School of Basic and Remedial Studies (SBRS) Mid-Semester Break
According to the statement, besides the professors, the management also approved the elevation of 41 others as readers and principal research fellows of the institution.
“At the 460th regular senate meeting of Jan. 30, the vice-chancellor announced the promotion of 23 professors and 41 readers as approved by the Governing Council of the University.”
It described the promotion as a deliberate attempt by the university management to curb brain drain and to enhance the welfare of both academic and non-academic staff.