Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) notices to students on the opening of the portal for the upload of photographs and signatures, update of course registration for students with genuine discrepancies and printing of examination cards electronically.
Opening of ABU portal for the upload of photographs and signatures
Student and Staff Identity Cards will henceforth be printed directly using the information provided by the beneficiaries (students and staff) on the ABU Portals.
The Security Division stipulates that photographs and signatures to be uploaded to the portals should conform to the following:
- Photographs should be of studio quality and on WHITE background.
- Signatures should also be on WHITE background.
Consequently, all fresh students whose photographs and signatures do not conform to the above, are to re-upload their photographs and signatures onto the portal from 3rd March 2021 to 12th March 2021.
- Students will not be able to upload or re-upload photographs after 12 March 2021.
- The uploaded photographs will be the ones to appear on students’ Examination Cards.
- The same uploaded photographs will also appear on students’ degree certifīcates.
Update of course registration for ABU students with genuine discrepancies
As a result of migrating records from the old to the upgraded students’ portal, there were reported incidents of discrepancies in courses registered by some students.
Discrepancies are advised to:
- visit the Digital Centers (Computer Laboratories) located at various faculties in the University for assistance
- send a mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for Students with evidence of such assistance
- visit the MIS or SDU offices for assistance.
The MIS Office is on the 4th Floor in Senate Building. The SDU Office is at the First Bank Building, inside the ICT Park (adjacent to Faculty of Education).
- This call is only for students who have discrepancies in their registration as a result of data migration.
- Students must show evidence of discrepancy before they will be attended to.
Printing of ABU examination cards electronically
The University Senate had approved the printing of Examination Cards electronically during the 503 (Regular) Meeting held Thursday, February, 2021.
One implication of this is that students will henceforth print their Examination Cards themselves.
The Examination Cards will contain photographs of students as well as the courses registered by the students on the portal.
The Cards will also carry security information that will be used to verify them (detect genuine and fake Exam Cards and the information they contain).
Students are therefore advised to ensure that
- their passport photographs have been uploaded onto the portal.
- their course registration information on the portal is up-to-date.
- they email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for any complaints.
Attendance sheets to be signed by students during examinations will contain only names of students who would have registered for the courses on the portal.
Students whose Exam Cards are not complete will not be allowed into the Examinations.