Adeyemi College of Education Ondo (ACEONDO) has released a circular to warn all students on the misuse of Social Media. See more details below.
The College Management have observed that some students are using the Social Media to peddle unsubstantiated claims and spread malicious information about the College and its staff.
Management is seriously concerned about this deliberate misuse of the social media and the great damage it could cause to the image and integrity of both the staff and the College.
In order to stem this dangerous trend, Management wish to inform students that:
(1) It is an offence for any student to make unverified, frivolous and fallacious write ups about the College or its staff via any social media.
(2) Any student with a grievance should channel such through the appropriate quarter as enshrined in rules and regulations guiding the College.
(3) Any one that is found culpable will be dealt with in accordance with law.
(4) Any social media platform opened by students in the name of the College should be closed down forthwith.
(5) Only Social media platforms that are opened by lecturers or Departments through the Management Information System (MIS) Unit for lecture purposes are exempted.
This circular is effective immediately.