Ajayi Crowther University, ACU important notice to parents and sponsors.
We want to give all glory to God for a successful 2018/2019 session and for bringing us to the end of the session. It is our prayer that all the students shall return home safely in Jesus’ name.
The University Management wishes to bring the following to the kind attention of our students, their parents and sponsors.
1. The University shall close for the 2018/2019 session on Monday, July 1, 2019; when students are expected to vacate the campus. No students will be allowed to stay on campus after that date.
2. We shall resume for the 2019/2020 session as follows:
- Fresh Students – Monday September 16, 2019
- Returning Students – Monday September 23, 2019
Returning Students are strongly advised to resume latest 6.00p.m. on Sunday September 29, 2019 after which no returning student will be allowed to resume for the semester.
Please NOTE that students will not be allowed into campus after 6.00p.m. each day.
3. In line with the financial regulations of the University, all students MUST present evidence of payment of at least first instalment of fees before being allowed into campus. Please check the University website for details of fees.
4. Most of the hostels on campus are not owned by the University and payment must be made to have access to hostel accommodation. Students are to choose their hostels while the Students Affairs Office will allocate the rooms.
5. Lectures will start as scheduled and 75% attendance at lectures will be enforced for students to write examinations.
6. The dress code policy of the University shall be enforced and sanctions imposed for infractions – no beards, no ear rings for boys, no long hairstyles for girls etc. All contraband items will not be kept but destroyed immediately.
7. The University has zero tolerance for possession, use of drugs and examination malpractices and sanctions shall be imposed promptly as stipulated in the Students Handbook of Information and Regulations.
8. The University shall conduct drug tests on students as occasions demand.
All new and returning students must undertake the following laboratory investigations and immunization from home for the purpose of the required Students’ Entrance Medical Examination.
- Full blood count
- Stool microscopy
- Blood group
- Digital chest x ray with a Consultant Radiologist’s Report.
All results must be brought along on resumption.
Routine immunization against Hepatitis B Viral infection and Human Papilloma Viral Infection (to prevent cervical cancer) is also strongly advised.
All Dental and Visual challenges should be addressed i.e. appropriate Dental treatment/Extraction, Dentures, correction of refractive errors with recommended glasses be effected before resumption.
9. All students who have any form of medical challenge or ailment should notify the Health Centre with medical report on such.
Parents are enjoined to give full disclosure of the medical status of their children so that the Health Centre can better serve them.
Despite repeated calls, some students have not registered at the Health Centre. It is compulsory for all students to register at the Health Centre.
10. No student should stay at home after resumption except prior approval has been obtained in writing.
11. The resolution to start evening ‘Prep’ shall come into effect because despite appeals, there has been no significant and visible improvement in the attitude of the students to their studies.
12. Examination results shall be released after the closure of the session. Kindly check the University website for it.
13. It is the responsibility of the students to ensure the safety of their property as the University will not be liable for any loss.
14. Absence from and lateness to Chapel services will result in stiffer sanctions. The Foundation Programme shall be compulsory for all students and certificate of completion issued.
It is our hope that students will come prepared to work hard in the new Session. The University will maintain and improve its facilities to provide a more conducive learning environment for the students.
We pray for divine protection for all our students and their parents and for a happy holiday season. We want to appreciate our parents and sponsors and pray for God’s blessings on them all.
Adenike T. Fatogun (Mrs)
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!