This is to inform all prospective Part-Time National Diploma (ND) candidates seeking admission into Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot Osurua that the Admission Screening Exercise earlier scheduled for Saturday 14th October 2017 has been postponed and rescheduled to hold on Saturday 21st October, 2017.
All applications MUST be concluded on or before Friday, 20th October, 2017.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Akwa-Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot Osuru National Diploma (ND) Part-Time/Evening programmes for the 2017/2018 academic session.
Akwa-Ibom State Polytechnic ND Part-Time Admission – Available Programmes & Requirements.
|NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES||ENTRY REQUIREMENT|
|I. SCHOOL OF APPLIED SCIENCES|
|Five credit passes in SSCE or its equivalent in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science and English Language.|
Five credit passes in SSCE or its equivalent in Mathematics, Physics and any other two subjects from Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science Economics, Geography, Government and a credit in English Language in not more than two sittings
Five credit passes in Mathematics and any two subjects from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science, Statistics, Further Mathematics plus any two from Economics, Geography, Commerce, Government and a pass in English Language in not more than two sittings.
|II. SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES|
Five credit passes in SSCE or its equivalent in Mathematics and English Language, plus three credit passes in any of Economics, Business Methods, Principles of Account, Literature in English, Commerce, Government and one Science subject in not more than two sittings.
Office Technology & Management requires a pass in Mathematics.
|III. SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION ARTS|
|Five credit passes in English Language, Literature in English, Mathematics and any three other subject from History, Literature in English, Commerce, Economics, Government, Fine Arts, Type Writing and Principles of Accounting.|
|IV. SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING|
|Five credit passes in SSCE or its equivalent which must include Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and at least a pass in English Language obtained in nit more than two sittings. OR |
The National Technical Certificate (NTC) in electrical trade with credit passes in Mathematics, Physics, English Language and two other subject.
Civil Engineering Technology requires five credit passes in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English and one other Science subject from Biology / Agric Science, Geography, Economics, Commerce.
|V. SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES|
|Five O/Level credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Physics and any two subject from Chemistry, Biology / Agric Science, Geography, Economics / Commerce, Technical Drawing, Fine Art.|
How to Apply for Akwa-Ibom State Polytechnic ND Part-Time Admission.
2. Then generate an invoice with the following details
- Jamb Reg. Number
- Phone Number
- Candidate’s Name
3. Candidates should proceed to First Bank with their invoice to purchase an electronic application pin for ₦7000.00 (All charges are inclusive).
4. Application should therefore be completed by visiting http://www.akwaibompoly.edu.ng with the obtained pin to complete the application form not later than
Wednesday, 20th September, 2017 Friday, 20th October, 2017..
5. All applications MUST be concluded on or before
Wednesday, 20th September 2017 Friday, 20th October, 2017.. Applicants can start and complete this process anywhere in the country. All shortlisted students will be published online and undergo a screening exercise on Saturday, 23rd September, 2017 Saturday 21st October, 2017.
REQUIREMENT FOR SCREENING EXERCISE
- Accreditation of candidates for the exercise commences at 8:30am
- Screening exercise will commence by 9:00am
- Candidates should come with: i, The acknowledgement slip. ii, Photocopies of JAMB slip showing their photographs. iii, JAMB online result, two(2) copies
- Only bona fide candidates will be allowed into the screening halls.
- Parents, guardians and friends are strongly advised to keep away from the venues of the screening.