The gradual reopening of primary and secondary schools in Anambra has been approved by Governor Willie Obiano and the members of the Executive Council. Schools in Anambra are to reopen on Monday, September 7, 2020
Details of the resumption showed that the third term of the 2019/2020 session would begin on Monday, September 14, and end on Friday, October 23, 2020, for both primary and secondary schools.
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2021/2022
- Chevening Essay Competition 2021 for Undergraduate Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
According to a statement issued by Nwabueze Nwankwo, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Basic Education, on Friday, students in boarding schools would resume at the weekend before the resumption date.
The statement noted that the third term was quite short and urged schools to make maximum use of the little period.
“We have continued to teach our children at home through various e-platforms, including the Anambra State Teaching on Air.
“These various platforms shall be continued as we do a phased re-opening of schools and watch the health implication.
“We enjoin parents to provide hand sanitizers and face masks for children,” he said.
Mr Nwankwo said that Primary School Leaving Certificate examinations would hold on Saturday, September 12, 2020.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!