Applications are invited from youths between 19 and 28 years of age for the UNESCO/APCEIU Youth Leadership Workshop on Global Citizenship Education (GCED) 2020. The deadline for submission of applications is 17th March, 2020.
The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) will organize the 6th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED (Global Citizenship Education) from 25 to 31 May 2020.
The one-week Workshop aims to build capacity of dynamic youth leaders around the world to identify strategies to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), specifically Target 4.7. While enabling participants to deepen their understanding of GCED, the Workshop allows the young leaders to play a major role and become part of a wider network of youth leaders for GCED.
During the Workshop, participants will identify specific priority issues around global citizenship and establish plans for the future direction of GCED. Working both individually and in groups, the young leaders will devise the goals and strategies for use at local and national levels.
Participants will learn about specific areas such as GCED, human rights, and peace building through information sessions and engage in dialogue and debates on the evolving issues. As part of the Workshop, participants will also make a field visit to discuss the role of youth for a more peaceful and sustainable future.
Travel expenses and Workshop fees will be covered by APCEIU for the selected participants (participants will be responsible for the domestic travel expenses and visa fees in their own countries).
UNESCO/APCEIU Youth Leadership Workshop on Global Citizenship Education Eligibility.
- Open to youths between 19 and 28 years of age
- Applicants must be youths who are citizens of both the ODA recipient countries and the UNESCO member states.
- The Youth Leadership Workshop is taught in English so applicants must be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Applicants have to complete the e-learning course with passing grades. Other than that, your application will not be considered during the selection process.
UNESCO/APCEIU Youth Leadership Workshop on Global Citizenship Education Benefits.
- APCEIU will provide accommodation, meals, and local transportation for all participants during the workshop;
- APCEIU will also cover the round-trip international airfare to and from Seoul, Korea. However, participants are responsible for domestic travel expenses to and from international airport in their countries and Korean visa application fees;
- Certificates of completion will be offered at the end of the workshop only if you have attended more than 95% of the workshop programme.
How to Apply for UNESCO/APCEIU Youth Leadership Workshop on Global Citizenship Education.
Application for the 6th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED must be submitted before 17 March 2020 (KST 23:59).
Notification of selection in the form of invitation letter will be sent by 26 March 2020.
Apply Here Official Link
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.