African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) is now accepting applications from eligible M.Sc., M.Phil., or PhD students for its 2021 Scholar Award Program. The deadline for the submission of applications is 31 May 2021.
The African Plant Nutrition Institute is a not-for-profit research and education organization based in Benguérir, Morocco with additional offices located in Settat, Morocco; Nairobi, Kenya; and Yamoussoukro, Côte d’Ivoire. APNI’s Mission is Enhanced plant nutrition for a resilient and food secure Africa.
African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) Scholar Award Program 2021 is calling for applications. The 2021 Scholar Award Program will offer ten (10) awards of $2,000 (U.S. Dollars) to M.Sc., M.Phil., or PhD students in the disciplines of soil science, agronomy, and horticultural or tree crop science with a focus on plant nutrition. Students must also be attending a degree-granting institution located in Africa.
The Award will be made directly to the student. No specific duties will be required of the recipient.
The Award will be granted independent of any assistantship, scholarship, or other awards that the student currently holds.
African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) Scholar Award Program Eligibility
Graduate students are eligible if they are:
- Currently attending a degree-granting institution located in Africa.
- Candidates for M.Sc., M.Phil., or PhD degrees, who are currently enrolled in a program of graduate study as of the application deadline. To be eligible, M.Sc. and M.Phil students must be in the second year of their studies. Applicants who have already completed their degrees are ineligible.
- Students in the disciplines of soil science, agronomy, and horticultural science or tree crop science with a focus on plant nutrition are encouraged to apply.
- Past winners of the Award are not eligible.
African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) Scholar Award Program Requirements
In order to complete the application process, you will need to submit the following in either English or French:
- Electronic copy of transcripts of all university work, including cumulative and final grade records (GPA or percentile).
- Electronic copy of two letters of support, one of which should be from the major professor. Letters must be signed and written on official letterhead and must include the phone number and e-mail address of the letter writer.
- A description of the focus of your thesis or dissertation research presented in a manner that will permit evaluation of its originality, depth, and scope, innovative approaches, and relevance.
- A brief description of any additional information that may be relevant to the award (such as honours or awards you have received, employment history, career goals, and other activities you pursue).
- You will be required to upload documents during the online application process. It is recommended that electronic (pdf) copies of these documents be prepared in advance.
How to Apply for African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) Scholar Award Program
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
The application must be completed by 31 May, 2021.
The successful recipients will be notified in July, 2021 and the Award will be presented to the winners as soon as practical thereafter.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.