A golden opportunity beckons for prospective students, as Bingham University, nestled in the verdant environs of Kodape, Karu, opens its doors to applications for postgraduate programmes for the 2023/2024 academic session. This guide provides crucial details about the courses on offer, their requirements, and the application process for securing admission into Bingham University’s postgraduate programmes.
|🏫 University||Bingham University, Kodape, Karu|
|📅 Admission Session||2023/2024|
|📝 Application Start||1st August, 2023|
|📘 Programmes Focus||High academic standards, entrepreneurial, relevant to national needs|
|📜 General Requirements||Second Class Lower degree for Professional Master. Specific criteria for M.Sc, M.A, and PhD.|
|📚 PG Diploma Entry||Five credits including English & Maths, Relevant Bachelor’s Degree, HND, Professional qualifications|
|🎓 Masters Entry||Five credits including English & Maths, Relevant Bachelor’s Degree, PG Diploma, Experience|
Bingham University’s postgraduate curricula have earned a reputation for their high academic standards and entrepreneurial nature, designed meticulously to equip graduates for a self-reliant life in a developing economy. Aligned with the university’s mission of providing quality and functional education, these programmes cater to the country’s needs and challenges in a practical manner.
Before you proceed, check: Bingham University Postgraduate COURSES.
Table of Contents[Show]
General Admission Requirements
Applicants must fulfil specific criteria to gain admission into Bingham University’s Postgraduate School, in addition to meeting the individual departmental requirements:
- Candidates seeking admission to Professional Master Degree programmes must have a minimum of a Second Class Lower degree from Bingham University or any other university recognised by the Senate of Bingham University.
- Candidates applying for Master of Science (M.Sc) and Master of Arts (M.A) programmes must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower degree in the relevant field from Bingham University or any other recognised institution.
- Candidates with a Master Degree from Bingham University or any other recognised university must have a minimum CGPA of 3.00, or its equivalent in their Master Degree examination, to qualify for admission into Doctorate (PhD) Degree Programmes.
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes Entry Requirements
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Satisfy the matriculation requirements.
- Five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at ‘O’ level, attempted in a maximum of two (2) sittings.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least a third Class Division from recognised Universities.
- HND at Upper Credit level.
- Relevant professional qualifications.
Master’s Degree Programmes Entry Requirements
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Five (5) credits passes including English language and Mathematics at ‘O’ level (attempted in a maximum of two (2) sittings).
- A degree in a relevant area from a recognised University with a minimum of second class lower division.
- A Postgraduate Diploma at upper credit level in a relevant area from a recognised University.
- Relevant professional qualifications and working experience as applicable.
Additional Admission Requirement
Applicants are required to request their previous institutions to forward a copy of their transcripts of Academic Records to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Bingham University, P.M.B 005, Karu, Nasarawa State.
Note: All postgraduate courses are full time, and all students are required to arrange for their accommodations since there is no provision for postgraduate residence in the University at present.
Postgraduate Programmes Duration
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes – Minimum of two (2) semesters and maximum of four (4) semesters.
- Professional Master Degree Programmes – Minimum of two (2) semesters and maximum of (4) four semesters.
- Master of Business Administration – Minimum of three (3) semesters and maximum of six (6) semesters.
- Master of Science Programmes – Minimum of four (4) semesters and maximum of six (6) semesters.
- Doctorate Degree Programmes – Minimum of six (6) semesters and maximum of ten (10) semesters.
SEE ALSO: Bingham University Postgraduate School Fees.
How to Apply for Bingham University Postgraduate Admission Form
Online application forms are available from 1st August 2023 for the 2023/2024 Academic Session. Forms can be procured subject to a non-refundable fee based on the programme of interest as follows:
- M.Sc Programmes: N 20,500
- PGD Programmes: N 15,500
- PhD Programmes: N 25,000
Submission of Application Forms
Completed application forms should be printed and a copy submitted to the School of Postgraduate Studies, Bingham University, alongside the following:
- NYSC Completion Certificate (Discharge Certificate), Exemption Certificate or Exclusion Certificate,
- Three (3) Letters of Reference,
- Official Academic Transcripts,
- Photocopies of relevant credentials,
- Duplicate copy of receipt of payment of the Application Form.
For further enquiries, email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Embark on your postgraduate journey at Bingham University, and join an illustrious community of scholars passionate about shaping the future.
Recommended: List of Universities Selling Postgraduate Forms.