Benue State University, Makurdi (BSUM) welcomes applications from appropriately qualified Direct Entry candidates for the 2023/2024 academic session. Here is a comprehensive guide on the application process, ensuring potential students have all the necessary information.
SEE ALSO: How to Apply for BSU Post UTME Screening.
Before diving into the application process, it’s important to confirm one’s eligibility. Direct Entry candidates seeking admission into BSUM’s degree programmes for the stipulated academic session are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for BSUM Direct Entry Screening
A. Making the Payment
- Begin by visiting the official university website: www.bsum.edu.ng.
- Navigate to the Admissions menu and select the Post UTME/DE link under the Applications section.
- Enter your JAMB number for verification.
- After verifying your details, click on the “proceed” link to advance to the payment platform.
- Choose one of the three available payment options:
- Bank Cash Payments
- Banks nationwide offer this service. Some of the major banks include:
- Access Bank Plc, Fidelity Bank Plc, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, and First Bank of Nigeria Plc, among others.
- Before visiting the bank, ensure you print the Payment Reference Number slip from the E-Payment Platform.
- Upon payment, the bank will issue a receipt using the “College Pay” system.
- Online Payments
- Opt for the “Pay Online” button.
- You will be redirected to the Interswitch Payment Page. Choose your card type and fill in the necessary details.
- After a successful transaction, a receipt will be generated.
- ATM Payments
- Visit any ATM terminal.
- Select Quickteller > pay bills.
- When prompted, input the Payment Reference Number and the Payment Code 04255101.
- Complete the transaction and retain the receipt.
- Quickteller Internet Payment
- Access the Quickteller website. Those applying for courses in the College of Health Sciences should visit this link.
- Input your registration number, email, and mobile number, and proceed as instructed.
- Bank Cash Payments
Note: The Quickteller option has an additional fee of N100.00.
B. Completing the Registration
- Return to the university website and select “Post UTME/DE” in the Applications segment.
- Using your DIRECT ENTRY Registration number, login.
- Proceed to fill in your Biodata and upload necessary documents, including:
- WAEC/NECO/NABTEB and A’ level Certificates.
- Birth Certificate or Declaration of age.
- State of Origin Certificate.
- JAMB Direct Entry slip.
- Print two copies of the “Acknowledgement Slip”.
- It’s crucial to present the Acknowledgement Slips on the Direct Entry screening day.
- Lastly, ensure your O’level results are uploaded on the JAMB portal. Only candidates with results on the JAMB portal will be considered post-screening.
Key Dates to Remember
- Registration commencement: Friday, 3rd November 2023
- Registration closes: Friday, 15th December 2023
Prospective students are urged to adhere to the guidelines and ensure all necessary documents are provided. BSUM looks forward to welcoming successful candidates for the new academic session.