Benue State University, Makurdi, BSU matriculation ceremony date, venue and time for the 2019/2020 academic session. The orientation programme date and procedure for collection of academic gowns for the matriculation ceremony are also available below.
This is to inform newly admitted students of the Benue State University, Makurdi (BSUM), the University Community and the general public that the 2019/2020 management of the institution has announced the Matriculation/Orientation for new students.
BSU Orientation / Matriculation Ceremony Schedule, Other Details
1. The 28th Matriculation Ceremony for fresh undergraduates students of the Benue State University, Makurdi for the 2019/2020 academic session is scheduled as follows:
Date: Friday, 16th April, 2021
Time: 9.00 A.M.
Venue: New Convocation Square
2. All Principal Officers and Members of Senate shall process. Heads of Units and other members of staff are requested to attend the occasion.
3. Deans and Heads of Departments are requested to liaise with the Directorate of ICT or Faculty ICT staff to access the list of registered students in their Faculties and Departments. They should ensure that all qualified candidates of their respective programmes are properly registered.
4. The orientation for registered students is slated for Wednesday, 14th and Thursday, 15th April, 2021 at the New Convocation Square. The Orientation and Matriculation Committee will release details of the exercise.
5. Faculty Officers are to commence issuance of matriculation gowns to registered students of their respective Faculties as from Monday, 12th April, 2021. Each student will be required to collect a matriculation gown on payment of one thousand Naira (N1,000.00) non-refundable fee at Fidelity Bank Plc, account number: 5030023693 and Zenith Bank, account number: 1011136506.
6. Candidates would present the bank receipt to their Faculty Officers for collection of the items as in (5) above. Faculty Officers are to keep receipts of gowns issued to candidates.
7. The Academic Office will issue appropriate matriculation gowns to the Faculty Officers for onward release to registered fresh students of respective faculties who would have paid the fee of N1,000.00 as in (5) above.
8. All Senate members are to detail staff to collect their Academic Gowns from the Academic Office for the ceremony, please.
9. Fresh students should return matriculation gowns to the Faculty Officers for onward submission to the Academic Office on or before 23rd April, 2021.
10. Late return of gowns will attract a fine of N100.00 per day, payable to the Bursary Department of the University.
11. All fresh students are to download from the University Portal (www.bsum.edu.ng) and bring to the Orientation/Matriculation Ceremony:
- Matriculation Oath
- University Anthem (Alma Mata Song)
Order of Matriculation By Faculties
In compliance with COVID-19 non-pharmaceutical protocols, the Vice-Chancellor has approved phased matriculation of Freshmen of the 2019/2020 academic session in the University.
The ceremony is to hold on Friday, 16th April, 2021 at the Old Convocation Square beginning from 10:00 a.m.
Please find the batched phases as detailed below:
- Batch A: Managemment Sciences & Social Sciences – 10:00am – 11::00am
- Batch B: Education, College of Health Sciences, Law and Environmental Sciences – 11:30pm – 12:30pm
- Batch C: Science & Arts – 1:00pm – 2:00pm
Faculty Officers are to ensure strict compliance with time and the sitting arrangements by their students.
The Chief Security Officer is to deploy adequate personnel to ensure orderly procession in and out of the matriculation arena at the appropriate intervals.