As the anticipation for the next academic year brews, Benue State University Makurdi (BSUM) has officially opened the gates for applications to its various degree programmes for the 2023/2024 academic session. This post offers all aspiring students an insightful guide on eligibility criteria, application processes, and other pivotal details.
SEE ALSO: How to Apply for BSU Direct Entry Screening.
Eligibility Criteria for BSUM Post UTME
Before diving into the application procedure, it’s crucial to understand whether one is eligible. Here are the key points:
- Candidates need to score 150 points and above in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) to be eligible for most programmes. However, high-demand courses like Medicine & Surgery, Law, Nursing, Radiography & Radiation Science, and Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science require a higher benchmark of 220 points and above.
- Students who initially did not earmark BSUM as their first-choice institution but now wish to join this esteemed university can effect a change of institution through the JAMB portal, provided they meet the score requirements mentioned above.
Note: Applicants for Law with scores between 150 and 219 can explore other programmes within the faculties of Arts, Social Sciences, or Education. Similarly, those eyeing Medicine & Surgery, Nursing Science, B.Sc. Radiography, Radiation Science, or Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS) and have scores between 150 and 219 have alternative avenues in Anatomy, Physiology, and other related Sciences.
How to Apply for BSUM’s Post UTME Form
A: Securing Your Payment
- Begin by visiting the official university website: www.bsum.edu.ng.
- Navigate to the Admissions menu. Under the Applications section, select the Post UTME/DE link.
- Key in your JAMB number for application verification.
- After verification, proceed to the payment platform.
Payment can be made through various avenues:
- Bank Payment: For those preferring an in-person transaction, visit any of the numerous partnered banks nationwide, such as Access Bank, Zenith Bank, Guaranty Trust Bank, and many others. Remember to print your Payment Reference Number slip from the E-Payment Platform and present it at the bank.
- Online Payment: Leveraging cards like Mastercard, VISA, and Verve, one can make payments online. Following a successful transaction, a receipt will be generated.
- ATM Payment: Available at any ATM terminal, select Quickteller and follow the prompts using the Payment reference Number from the E-Payment platform.
- Quickteller Online Payment: Transactions can also be carried out on the Quickteller website. However, this mode has an additional fee of N100.00.
B: Registration Process
Post-payment, the next phase involves:
- Revisiting www.bsum.edu.ng and selecting the Post UTME/DE link under the Applications section.
- Verify your details using your UTME Registration number.
- Once logged in, complete your Biodata and upload necessary credentials like WAEC/NECO/NABTEB certificates, Birth Certificate, JAMB Result slip, and others.
- Print two copies of the Acknowledgement Slip, which is mandatory for the Post UTME day.
- Ensure your O’level results are uploaded on the JAMB portal. Only candidates with results on the JAMB portal will be considered for admission post the mandatory exams.
Important Dates: Registration begins on 3rd November 2023 and concludes on 15th December 2023.
In essence, aspirants are encouraged to be diligent in their application process and to ensure they meet all the stipulated criteria. Here’s wishing every candidate the very best in their academic pursuits at BSUM!
RECOMMENDED: List of Schools Whose Post UTME Forms are Out.