Benue State University, Makurdi, BSUM Preliminary Vocational and Technical Studies Programme admission form for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Benue State University, Makurdi (BSUM) Preliminary Vocational and Technical Studies (VTS) Programme for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Benue State University Pre-VTS Available Programmes
i. Business Education
ii. Computer Science Education
iii. Home Economics Education
iv. Industrial Technology Education
Benue State University Pre-VTS Admission – Entry Qualification
To qualify for admission, candidates must meet general and specific requirements to individual Pre-VTS area of specialization.
a. General Entry Requirement
The following are general entry requirements: Pre-VTS candidates are required to possess a minimum of four (4) credits in SSCE, GCE, NTC, NBC, C 7 G I OR II, Federal Craft Training Certificate, TCII or any other equivalent as may be approved by the university. A credit in English Language is compulsory.
b. Specific Requirements:
- Business Education
- Four (4) ‘O’ Level credits including English Language, Mathematics, Economics or any business/vocational subject.
- Computer Science Education
- Four (4) ‘O’ Level credits including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Economics or NTC subject.
- Home Economics Education
- Four (4) ‘O’ Level credits that must include English Language, and 3 relevant subjects from Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science, Food Science, Home Economics.
- Industrial Technology Education
- Four (4) ‘O’ Level credits including English Language and any other three of Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Physics, Chemistry or NTC subjects.
Duration: Two Semesters
How to Apply for BSU Pre-VTS Admission Form
Interested candidates are required to pay in application fee of five thousand Naira (5,000) Only, in bank draft made payable to Benue State University, Makurdi. The bank draft should be converted to receipt in the Bursary Department. Application forms are then obtained from the office of the Coordinator, Preliminary Vocational and Technical Studies (Pre-VTS), on presentation of evidence of payment of application fee.
Return of application forms:
Completed application forms must be returned with relevant photocopies of certificates and other relevant credentials to:
The Coordinator, (08161818299 / 08085429366) Preliminary Vocational and Technical Studies, Faculty of Education, Benue State University, P.M.B. 102119 Makurdi.
Not later than 4th June, 2021.
- Successful candidates at the end of the programme will be placed into the following degree areas: B.Sc. (Ed) Business Education, B.Sc. (Ed) Computer Science, B.Sc. (Ed) Home Economics, B.Sc. (Ed) Technology (with specialization in Construction Technology, Electrical Electronics, Automobile Technology and Production Technology, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Woodwork Technology).
- Candidates who have registered for 2020/2021 UTME exams in relevant degree areas as in (1) above should apply.
- BANK NAME: FIDELITY
Account Number: 5030039678