Business Administration Admission Requirements
including Business management
, Management Studies
» Admission requirements to study Business Administration, Business Management, Management Studies and Management (Faculty of Administration) in any accredited Nigerian universities
The Bachelor of Business Administration programme in the Faculty Of Administration is competitive and there are prerequisites and application requirements.
Why Study Business Administration ? A business administration degree opens the door to a variety of career opportunities. Political administrations come and go. So do trends. The latest technology invention becomes old news in about two months. But one thing will likely be around: business. And every business could use leaders with the right kind of education and training. That’s where a business administration degree may come in handy.
This page provides the following:
- Business Administration O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Business Administration Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Business Administration UTME Subjects Combination;
- Special Consideration for UTME and Direct Entry Candidates;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Business Administration – Faculty Of Administration.
Please read the Business Administration (Faculty Of Administration) admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry application.
NB: You can access the requirements for other courses by going to the end of this article.
Business Administration: UTME Admission Requirements
- Five (5) SSC credit passes including English Language, Mathematics, Economics, plus any two (2) of Accounting, Business Methods, Commerce, Government, Geography, and Statistics.
UTME Subjects: Mathematics, Economics and one (1) other subject.
Business Administration: Direct Entry Admission Requirements
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes chosen from Economics, Accounts, Business Management, Government, Geography or Statistics.
Business Administration: Special Consideration for UTME & DE Candidates
- (i) AAUA accepts ND upper credit in relevant programmes or HND lower credit plus the UTME requirements.
- (ii) AAUA requires ‘A’ level pass in Economics or Business Administration.
- (iii) ABU accepts two (2) ‘A’ Level/IJMB passes in Management/Social Science subjects, one of which must be in Economics.
- (iv) ABUJA accepts two (2) ‘A’ level credit passes in Economics, Commerce, NCE or ND at upper credit level or ten (10) points in IJMB in relevant subjects in addition to the ‘O’ level requirements.
- (v) ADSU – As in Public Administration.
- (vi) AUN same as in Finance
- (vii) EBSU accepts HND, NCE/ND pass at merit/credit level in relevant programmes in addition to ‘O’ level requirements. ND must be at upper credit level.
- (viii) ESUTECH accepts ND in relevant programmes within the Faculty into 200 level in addition to the UTME requirements.
- (ix) FED-DUTSINMA requires two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Economics and Mathematics or any Social Science subject. It also requires ND/NCE with good grades in Business Management from a recognized institution.
- (x) JOS accepts ND lower credit, DELSU and BAYERO (upper credit) in relevant programmes.
- (xi) LAGOS requires Very good passes in three (3) JUPEB/’A’ Level subjects: Economics and any two (2) of Financial Accounting, Business Management, Government, Geography and Mathematics.
- (xii) MCPHERSON accepts
- a) JUPEB/IJMB/ATS (Final) of ICAN or approved equivalent in related programmes.
- b) AIB or other professional qualifications in relevant programmes.
- (xiii) MADONNA, EBSU and COOU accept ND lower credit, AIB and Degree/HND in relevant programmes.
- (xiv) NASARAWA accepts HND at lower credit, AIB or other Professional qualifications in relevant programmes or IJMB in relevant subjects not below the ten (10) points.
- (xv) OOU accepts NCE/ND/HND.
- (xvi) OOU, EVANGEL and UYO –Same as in Banking and Finance.
- (xvii) PHC – No Direct Entry
- (xviii) PLASU accepts
- a) degree in any programme provided the candidate meets the ‘O’ level requirements
- b) HND lower credit in relevant programmes, with the ‘O’ level requirements,
- c) ND lower credit in relevant programmes, with the ‘O’ level requirements.
- d) IJMB minimum of seven (7) points with passes in relevant subjects, with the ‘O’ level requirement.
- e) PLASU does not accept university diplomas and other diplomas not accredited by the relevant accrediting bodies.
- (xix) RSUST, IGBINEDION, EKSU and BSU – as in Accountancy.
- (xx) UDU – as applicable to Accounting.
- (xxi) UNIZIK accepts Mathematics but not Geography. requires applicants to possess the UTME requirements.
- (xxii) UNN accepts
- a) AIB or other Professional qualifications and HND in relevant programmes.
- b) NCE/ND/HND
- (xxiii) UNN requires two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Economics and any other subject.
- (xxiv) UYO accepts HND lower credit ND upper credit in relevant programmes.
- (xxv) WELLSPRING accepts ND, NCE, IJMB, NABTEB ‘A’ level, HND passes at credit/lower credit level in relevant subjects/programmes in addition to the ‘O’ level requirements.
- (i) AAUA requires two (2) other ‘O’ level credit passes in any of Commerce, Accounting, Geography and Government.
- (ii) ABU requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes including English Language, Economic, Mathematics and any other two (2) subjects.
- (iii) ABUJA and COOU accept Commerce In lieu of Economics
- (iv) AUN same as in Finance.
- (v) EBSU, RSUST and PHC -Same as in Accountancy.
- (vi) FED-DUTSINMA accepts five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes to include: English Language, Mathematics, Economics/ Entrepreneurship/ Commerce/ Marketing and any two (2) subjects.
- (vii) LAGOS requires ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Economics, and any two (2) of Financial Accounting, Government, Geography, CRS/IS, Business Management.
- (viii) PHC does not accept commercial subjects.
- (ix) PLASU – Same as in Accounting.
- (x) PLASU accepts Commerce or Principles of Accounts In lieu of Economics.
- (xi) UNIZIK accepts a pass in Economics
- (xii) UNIZIK accepts English, Mathematics and any three (3) relevant subjects.
- (xiii) UNN – As in Banking and Finance.
- (i) ABU requires Economics, Mathematics and any Management or Social Science subject.
- (ii) AUN same as in Finance
- (iii) EBSU and RSUST: Same as in Accountancy.
- (iv) EVANGEL accepts Mathematics or Economics plus any two (2) relevant Arts or Social Science subjects.
- (v) FED-DUTSINMA requires Mathematics, Economics/Commerce and any other Social Science subject.
- (vi) LAGOS requires English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any one (1) subject from Science, Social Science or Arts.
- (vii) OOU – the third (3rd) subject should be a Social Science subject.
- (viii) UNIZIK- Economics is not compulsory.
- (ix) UNN, COOU and UYO –Same as in Banking and Finance.