UK Government is now accepting applications from citizens of Chevening-eligible countries for its 2023/2024 scholarship programme. The deadline for submission of applications for Chevening Scholarships is November 1, 2022.
They are looking for the kind of people who have the passion, ideas, and influence to provide the solutions needed for a brighter future. Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders and influencers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
Chevening is the UK Government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders. Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, Chevening offers two types of award – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships – the recipients of which are personally selected by British embassies and high commissions throughout the world.
Chevening Scholarship Eligibility
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by July 13, 2023.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, all British Embassies/High Commissions, the Home Office, the Ministry of Defence, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, the Department for International Trade and the UKVI), the British Council, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives of an employee of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but if the employment took place within the last two years, you cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organisation from which you work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
Chevening Scholarship Benefits
The Chevening Programme includes a tailored engagement programme creating opportunities for scholars to network with each other as well as alumni, the FCDO, high profile speakers and partner organisations.
Award recipients receive:
- Payment of tuition fees
- Economy travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only
- An arrival allowance
- The cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only
- A departure allowance
- A contribution of up to £75 for TB testing, where this is required
- A travel top up allowance
- A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside London. These rates are subject to annual review.
How to Apply for Chevening Scholarship
To apply, find the awards available in your country/territory. Begin by selecting your country of citizenship. You can then refine your search depending on if you are applying for a scholarship or a fellowship.
Find helpful information about preparing your Chevening application,
Apply Before: November 1, 2022.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.