Dataville Research LLC Fellowship in Humanitarian Leadership 2022 is calling for applications from young humanitarian practitioners. The deadline for the submission of applications is October 23, 2022.
The humanitarian field is rapidly expanding and changing. The growing number of people in need, as well as humanitarian workers and budgets, has resulted in massive growth and demand on the system. These shifts necessitate the development and implementation of new models of effective humanitarian assistance, as well as more capable humanitarian leaders.
Humanitarian Initiatives in Complex Emergencies Fellowship is an intensive professional development programme designed to prepare young humanitarian practitioners to address today’s humanitarian challenges as leaders in an evolving landscape.
In Nigeria, the causes of displacement are multifaceted and complex, and they frequently overlap. Since 2014, the militant Islamist group Boko Haram has caused significant displacement in the country’s marginalised north-east. Tensions in the central region have risen due to competition between pastoralists and farmers, culminating in significant levels of violence and displacement. Long-running ethnic conflict between Fulani pastoralists and Hausa farmers in northwestern Katsina, Sokoto, and Zamfara states also contributes to displacement. Every year, flooding displaces thousands of people.
Dataville Research is collaborating with a diverse team of humanitarian action practitioners from the International Association of Professionals in Humanitarian Assistance and Protection to deliver this programme. This fellowship’s theoretical aspects are informed by key leadership behaviours designed for practical application in a humanitarian response.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply to this programme because we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action organisation.
- Dataville Research LLC Fellowship in Humanitarian Leadership Programme Contents
- Dataville Research LLC Fellowship in Humanitarian Leadership Programme Methodology
- Dataville Research LLC Fellowship in Humanitarian Leadership Eligibility
- How to Apply for Dataville Research LLC Fellowship in Humanitarian Leadership
Dataville Research LLC Fellowship in Humanitarian Leadership Programme Contents
- A First Look at Complex Emergencies
- Humanitarian Principles, Values and Ethics
- Humanitarian Systems and Actors
- International Conventions on Armed Conflict
- Sources of Internal Displacement Data
- Career Opportunities in Humanitarian Aid
- Research Methodology for Humanitarian Action
- Mobile Data Collection
- Templates for Aid Work
- Personal Security for Aid Workers
- Humanitarian Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Education in Complex Emergencies
- Humanitarian Communications
- Shelter and Settlements in Emergency Situation
- Human Rights at Sea
- Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) Prevention and Response
- GPS Mapping of Intervention Locations
- Community Protection Action Groups
- Early Warning and Early Response (EWER) Systems
- Writing Policy Briefs
Dataville Research LLC Fellowship in Humanitarian Leadership Programme Methodology
- Participatory, problem-based learning approaches using facilitated discussions.
- Theoretical sessions with practical application.
- Practice sessions to allow for application of information and concepts presented.
- Drawing on participants’ individual experience and subject matter expertise.
- Hypothetical scenario exercise.
Dataville Research LLC Fellowship in Humanitarian Leadership Eligibility
- Volunteers, first responders and entry-level professionals in the humanitarian sector from developing and developed countries.
- Young graduates wanting to break into the humanitarian sector.
- Medical Officers working in challenging political space.
- International civilians and military personnel preparing to serve at UN/AU/ECOWAS/NATO/EU-Mission.
- Postgraduate students of peace and conflict studies, disaster management, gender and development and other fields of humanities.
How to Apply for Dataville Research LLC Fellowship in Humanitarian Leadership
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
For further enquiries, please send a mail to email@example.com. Their Support Team typically respond within 1-3 hours.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.