In an official announcement, Dennis Osadebay University, Asaba (DOU), a Delta State Government-owned institution, has opened its doors to receive applications for the 2023/2024 academic session. The announcement calls for applications from candidates who sat for the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and scored 140 and above. Eligibility extends to candidates who chose DOU, Asaba as their first choice of University or those who have changed to DOU, Asaba as their first choice.
|Institution||Dennis Osadebay University (DOU), Asaba|
|Programmes||Undergraduate (Post-UTME/Direct Entry)|
|Cut-off Marks||140 in UTME|
|Academic Requirements||Five (5) Passes in relevant subjects including English Language and Mathematics|
|List of Courses||Extensive, covering six faculties from Agriculture to Science|
|Method of Application||Online via the DOU Asaba website|
|Application Deadline||28th July, 2023|
Courses Available at DOU, Asaba
The institution offers a variety of programmes under six faculties. Prospective students can apply to any of the following courses, grouped under their respective faculties:
Faculty of Agriculture
- B.Sc.Agriculture Extension and Rural Development
- B.Sc.Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness
- B.Sc.Animal Science and Production
- B.Sc.Crop Science and Management
- B.Sc.Soil and Land Resource Management
- B.Sc.Fisheries and Aquaculture
Faculty of Arts
- B.A.Creative Arts (with options in Theatre Art and Film Studies, Visual Arts; and Music)
- B.A.History, Strategic and International Studies
- B.A.English and Literary Studies
- B.A.Europian Language (French Unit)
Faculty of Computing
- B.Sc.Computer Science
- B.Sc.Cyber Security
Faculty of Environmental Science
- B.Sc.Environmental Management and Technology
- B.Sc.Fine and Applied Arts
- B.Sc.Survey and Geo-Informatics
- B.Sc.Urban and Regional Planning
Faculty of Management and Social Sciences
- B.Sc.Banking and Finance
- B.Sc.Business Administration
- B.Sc.Criminology and Security Studies
- B.Sc.Hospitality and Tourism Studies
- B.Sc.Industrial Relations and Personal Management
- B.Sc.International Relations
- B.Sc.Mass Communication
- B.Sc.Political Science
- B.Sc.Public Administration
Faculty of Science
- B.Sc.Industrial Chemistry
To be considered for admission, applicants must meet the following requirements:
Candidates must possess five (5) Passes in relevant subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, in SSCE, NECO, NABTEB, or GCE O’level at not more than two sittings.
Candidates must possess a National Diploma (ND) or a Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of LOWER CREDIT from a recognised Institution and must have purchased a Direct Entry JAMB Form.
- IJMB/JUPEB: Candidates must pass at least two (2) subjects with a minimum of four (4) points obtained from both subjects.
- NCE: Candidates must possess a MERIT grade from a reputable Institution.
Method of Application
Application to DOU, Asaba is made online. Prospective students are to apply at DOU’s official portal and make an online payment of two thousand naira (N2,000.00) only.
Candidates must upload their O’level result(s) and a clear red background passport photograph.
Please note that the online application closes on 28th July, 2023.
The management of Dennis Osadebay University, Asaba invites all qualified candidates to take this opportunity to become part of their esteemed institution.
RECOMMENDED: List of Schools Whose Post UTME Forms are Out.