Students of Ekiti State University, Ado Ekiti, have given the management of the university a three-day ultimatum to conduct the students union election or face their wrath.
Some of the aggrieved students, who spoke with journalists on Tuesday on the condition of anonymity for fear
of being victimised, said the management stalled the election processes.
- ASUU Strike: Imo State University (IMSU) Pulls Out, Resumes Academic Session
- Mountain Top University (MTU) JUPEB Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) Pre-Degree, JUPEB/Foundation Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Ajayi Crowther University (ACU) JUPEB/Pre-Degree Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Remedial & Basic Studies (IJMB) Registration Procedure for 2021/2022 Academic Session
They expressed worries that only 17 out of the 80 forms procured by the contestants were signed by their respective heads of departments thereby tactically disenfranchising others.
However, the University’s Public Relations Officer, Mr. Bunmi Ajibade, said the matter was being resolved.
The students alleged that the school authorities deliberately postponed the students union government poll to maintain the proscription of the body.
A student leader accused the management of the school of plunging the contestants into unnecessary spending to produce posters and engage in campaign activities.
The student said, “We are suspecting manipulation here. What the management said in its circular was that the submission of nomination forms would close on February 7 but only 17 contestants could have their forms signed by their HoDs. This was the excuse the management was lapping on to shift the election indefinitely.
“We are having a feeling that if the election is not conducted on February 14 and it is postponed, it might cause a shift in the date of our examination and this we won’t like”.