The Elizade University (EU) Entrepreneurial Leadership (EL) course seeks to empower students with the mind-sets and skills essential for success as a self-starting individual with the capability to lead, engage with others, create impactful solutions in the communities they live in, and create positive impact and transformation in Africa.
The hallmark of the Entrepreneurial Leadership course is using experiential learning, coaching, reflection and practical application to develop their leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills. We will do this by delving into three critical skills:
- Leading Self: I own my journey by unlocking my full potential with the ability to affect positive change.
- Engaging Others: I cultivate authentic, interdependent relationships grounded in compassion and mutual respect, and can lead a team to reach common goals.
- Entrepreneurial Thinking: I embrace a mindset of positive and systemic change through iteration and innovation.
The intended outcomes for all students who take EL are:
- At a minimum, to be self-aware (or understand what it means to be self-aware), know how to identify problems in their immediate environment, know what processes or frameworks to apply in taking steps to solve said problems, and have tested and validated ideas to solve these problems for an identified group of users.
- At best, all of the above plus knowing how their solution links to Africa’s biggest challenges and have a minimum viable product for a solution that is gaining traction from its intended users.
We hope you’re as excited as we are. Let’s get started.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!