Emerging Political Leaders Fellowship 2023 for Young Nigerians
The Emerging Political Leaders Fellowship 2023 | Fully-Funded Political Leadership Development for Young Nigerians.
- Make a difference in Nigeria's future by joining The Emerging Political Leaders Fellowship. Develop your leadership skills and prepare for local, regional, and national leadership roles.
- The deadline for the submission of applications is February 28, 2023.
Last updated on by Olusegun Fapohunda
The Emerging Political Leaders Fellowship (EPLF), an initiative of The Bridge Leadership Foundation, is a fully-funded, non-partisan Political Leadership development program that prepares young Nigerians for leadership roles at local, regional, and national levels. The goal of the program is to enhance the quality of Nigeria’s leadership pool and the impact of its developmental interventions.
Over the course of one year, Fellows gain access to tailored content from a carefully curated list of politicians, development experts, historians, civil society leaders, religious figures, advisors, and mentors. The program also provides an opportunity for Fellows to intern with credible past and current politicians, demystifying Nigerian politics.
At the program’s residential Bootcamp, Fellows network, immerse themselves in Nigeria’s federal political ecosystem, meet key decision-makers, and present their capstone projects to panels of seasoned politicians and technocrats. By participating in the Emerging Political Leaders Fellowship, Fellows will be better equipped to take on leadership roles in Nigeria and positively impact the country’s future. The Bridge Leadership Foundation invites young Nigerians to apply for this life-changing program.
Benefits of Emerging Political Leaders Fellowship
What do you stand to gain?
- Join a political leadership capacity development program on the African continent
- Access a high-impact, 6-month political leadership development training
- Get trained by a world-class Faculty
- Receive one-on-one mentorship from credible and seasoned Nigerian Politicians currently serving at various levels across the country
- Engage in one-on-one/group meetings with influential Nigerian politicians curated across party lines
- Have local air travel, airport transfers, accommodation, and feeding costs covered during the bootcamp (Nigerians in Diaspora will be responsible for their travel arrangements to Nigeria)
- Opportunity to serve on subsequent programs as Facilitators, Program Ambassadors, Advisory Council members, and/or Mentors
- Gain increased visibility within Nigeria’s political space and amongst its most influential stakeholders
- Get social media spotlights across The Bridge Leadership Foundation, Advisory and Faculty member’s handles/pages
Emerging Political Leaders Fellowship Eligibility
- Emerging Leaders:
- Who are active in mainstream politics in Nigeria
- With a proven track record of service within a community, region and Nigeria
- With a demonstrable track record of accountability, integrity, strategy and resilience
- Aged between 25 and 45
- Who meets all statutory requirements to run for office at all levels in Nigeria?
- With no criminal record
- With no ongoing criminal case/investigation with any national or international security body (Such as Interpol, EFCC)
Emerging Political Leaders Fellowship Target Audience
Who Should Apply?
- Mid-senior level technocrats
- Civil servants
- Nigerians in diaspora interested in running for office in Nigeria
- Technical staff of past or serving politicians (Special advisers, technical assistants, etc.)
- Political appointees (such as commissioners, executive secretaries, etc.)
- Past candidates of political parties who ran for office at local/state/national level
- Current candidates of political parties running for office at local/state/national level
- Grassroots activists/changemakers with a proven track record of impact in their communities
- Women, minorities (and other groups prone to discrimination and exclusion) with a track record of service and impact in their communities.
How to Apply for Emerging Political Leaders Fellowship
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
A completed application comprises:
- if you are shortlisted you will be expected to submit a 3-5 minute application video answering the question ‘Why should you be selected for the fellowship and what about your vision is so compelling?’
- An up-to-date CV
- A completed and submitted application form
We have put a lot of thought into developing the application process to make it as easy as possible for you to respond to our call. We are not looking for perfect answers, we are looking for solutions that reflect belief and conviction. All you need to do is fill in the application form where you can also upload your CV.
We believe this application process will help you articulate your thoughts in a way that is useful even beyond fellowship, and may very well help you present your vision in a way that galvanises the kind of support you need.
For any technical enquiries, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08134985624
Deadline: 28th February 2023, 23:59 pm (WAT)
Ace Your Exams: Join Our Online Classes For JAMB, WAEC, NECO & NABTEB Candidates