Facebook is now accepting applications from students in any year of their PhD study for its 2021 fellowship program. The deadline for submission of applications for the Facebook Fellowship Program is October 1, 2020.
The Facebook Fellowship Program is designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
Applications will be accepted from students with research related to one of the following areas:
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Computer Graphics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- AR/VR Privacy and Ethics
- Blockchain and Cryptoeconomics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Database Systems
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Energy Efficient Video Compression
- Instagram/Facebook App Well-being and Safety
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Privacy and Data Use
- Programming Languages
- Security and Privacy
- Social and Economic Policy
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- Systems for Machine Learning
Facebook Fellowship Program Eligibility.
- Applicants must be full-time PhD students who are enrolled in an accredited university (in any country) by the start of the Fellowship (i.e., Fall 2021);
- Students must be involved in ongoing research related to one or more relevant disciplines;
- Students must remain enrolled full-time for the duration of the Fellowship to receive program benefits;
- Students should not apply for Facebook Fellowships if they are actively being funded by Facebook through some other sponsorship or collaboration and/or if they are actively being supervised (or co-supervised) by a Facebook researcher.
Facebook Fellowship Program Benefits.
The fellowship includes:
- Tuition and fees paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters);
- A $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs;
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit. As part of the program, current Fellows are invited to Facebook’s headquarters in Menlo Park for the annual Fellowship Summit. At the Summit, Fellows can engage with other winners, share their current research, speak with Facebook researchers and teams, and learn more about research at Facebook.
Facebook Fellowship Program Evaluation Criteria.
Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record and recommendation letters.
How to Apply for Facebook Fellowship Program.
Applications must include:
- 500-word research summary that clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award.
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from an academic advisor. You will be asked to provide your references’ contact information, and they will receive a corresponding form to submit their letters.
Apply Here Official Link
Deadline: October 1, 2020.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.