Federal College of Education, Okene resumption date for the continuation of academic activities.
The management of the Federal College of Education, Okene has announced the date for the resumption of academic activities.
FCE Okene Resumption Date
After a comprehensive appraisal of the situation and extensive consultations with relevant stakeholders, including State Governors, Staff Unions and Students, the Federal Ministry of Education has reaffirmed the school resumption date of 18th January 2021.
In line with the above, staff and students of the Federal College of Education, Okene is hereby directed to ensure compliance with the date of resumption for academic activities.
Furthermore, parents, staff and students must ensure full compliance with COVID- 19 protocol including:
- Compulsory wearing of facemasks by all students, teachers and workers in all schools
- Temperature checks and handwashing facilities at strategic locations in all school
- Ensuring the constant supply of water and sanitisers
- Enforcement of maintenance of social distancing and suspension of large gatherings such as assembly and visiting days
- Avoiding overcrowding, including limitations in class sizes and hostel Occupancy
- Availability of functional health clinics with facilities for isolation and transportation of suspected cases to medical facilities
- Adherence to all other non-pharmaceutical protocols, restrictions/approved by the PTF from time to time.
Meanwhile, members of staff of the College on CONTEDISS 11 and CONPCASS 5 and below who were previously directed to work from home are by this new development directed to resume work as from 18th January 2021.
Management Enjoins all to ensure strict compliance.
Ovanasa Otohomorihi P.