Federal College of Education (FCE), Zaria, resumption date for the continuation of academic activities and other important dates have been announced.
The management of the Federal College of Education (FCE), Zaria, has announced the resumption date and other important dates for the continuation of 2019/2020 academic session.
FCE Zaria Resumption, Other Important Dates
As you are aware of the recent closure of academic activities in all tertiary institutions in Kaduna State, the College inclusive as part of the measures adopted by the State Government to contain the spread of the new strain of COVID-19.
Following detailed consultation with stakeholders and assessment of the level of preparedness of schools in the Kaduna State Government vide circular released on 24 January 2021 approved the reopening of school subject to the following condition;
- Wearing of face masks at all times by all students and staff
- Measurement of body temperature
- Constant washing of hands with alcohol-based hand sanitisers; soap and water
- Maintenance of social distancing
- Avoidance of crowded places and spaces
- Provision of isolation area for suspected cases of COVID
Consequent upon the foregoing, I am further directed to inform you that the College, in compliance with the guidelines prescribed by the State Government has approved the staggered resumption of academic activities in the College as follows:
- Tuesday 26 to Saturday 30th January 2021 – Conclusion of 1st Semester 2019/2020 NCE Examination
- Monday 1st to Friday 5 February 2021 NCE II Students – Conclusion of 1st Semester 2019 2020 NCE II Examination
- Monday 1st, February 2021 – Commencement of 1st Semester 2019/2020 Undergraduate Examination
- Monday 8 February, 2021-Commencement of 2nd Semester 2019/2020
Please be informed that the Academic Board, as part of measures to ensure social distancing, has adopted mixed lecture contact methods in the Second Semester 2019/2020. The arrangement is as follows:
- Monday 8 February to 30 April 2021 (12 Weeks)- Physical and Radio Lectures
- Friday 2nd April to Tuesday 4th April 2021- Easter Break
- Monday 3rd May to Friday 4th June 2021 (4 Weeks) – Examination (in batches)
- Sallah Break would be observed as announced by the Federal Government.
- Saturday 5th June to Sunday 20th June 2021 (2 Weeks)- Break.
Students are enjoined to comply with the prescribed guidelines. Note the staggered resumption dates. Prepare for mixed lecture contact method.