This is to inform all the staff and students of the Federal Polytechnic Ekowe, Bayelsa State, that the institution’s management has approved the date for the resumption of academic activities for the continuation of the second semester, 2019/2020 academic session.
Federal Poy Ekowe Resumption Date
The Management receives a formal directive of the Federal Ministry of Education on schools resumption nationwide from 18th January 2021 with a provision that specific COVID 19 protocols must be in place at the point of resumption.
Because of this development, Management has decided as follows:
1. To use the period of Monday 18th to Saturday 23rd January 2021 to implement the Presidential Task Force directives on COVID 19 Protocols to prevent any pandemic outbreak in the Polytechnic.
2. To open the hostels to students by the afternoon of Saturday 23rd January 2021 and commence physical classes unfailingly by Monday 25th January 2021.
3 To hereby request Committee of Deans to meet with HODs latest by Thursday 21st January 2021 and design a strategy for teaching and utilization of classes strictly observe spacing and avoidance of overcrowding. The proposal should be submitted to the Rector.
4. To request all schools and departments awaiting NBTE Resource visit to take steps to prepare and report to the Rector as required and appropriate.
5. To direct Ag. Dean (Students) to work with Ag. CSO, Coordinator (Health Centre) and Coordinator (Works& Physical Planning) to develop brief latest by Wednesday 20th January 2021 on the arrangement and accommodation of students in the hostels and in use of school facilities to avoid overcrowding and spread of disease. The brief should be submitted to the Registrar for the approval of the Management.
6 To direct Works and Services Directorate to ensure cleaning of campus and hostel premises and the maintenance of light and water before Saturday 23rd January 2021.
7. To direct all Academic and Non-Teaching Staff on CONCAPSS 11 and above to resume work on Monday 18th January 2021, while other staff must resume by Monday, 25th January 2021.
Share This Post: If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the buttons below!