Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa (FEDPONAS) has announced that students of the institution can proceed on Christmas and New Year break as from 20th December 2020.
The Management wishes to inform the Polytechnic community of the closure of its academic activities with effect from 20th December 2020 to 4th January 2021 in line with the Revised 2019/2020 Academic Calendars as approved by the Academic Board at its 456th Virtual Special Meeting held on Thursday, 19th November 2020.
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2021/2022
- Chevening Essay Competition 2021 for Undergraduate Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
This would enable the students to proceed on the Christmas and New Year break and accord them the opportunity of reuniting with their families for the celebrations.
However, in a recent development, Management has further observed rising cases of corona Virus (COVID-19) infections across many states of the Federation as declared on a daily basis by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), which has been termed as the looming second wave precautionary measures are not sustained.
Accordingly, to limit the spread of the disease, Management is reiterating on the need for all to follow strictly the COVID-19 preventive measures to further curtail its spread by:
- Regular washing of hands with soap and water;
- Mandatory use of face masks;
- The use of hand sanitizer;
- Avoiding crowded places;
- Observing social distancing;
- Ensuring respiratory hygiene and the intake of diets that boost immunity.
It is important to note that academic activities resume on 4th January 2021 as staff and students alike are urged to observe these protocols during the break.
The management wishes you all Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year in advance!!!
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!