The Federal Government has abolished the adoption of catchment areas policy for admission into federal government-owned universities.
The Federal Government has abolished the policy of catchment areas in the admission of new students into federal government-owned universities and has threatened sanction against universities that contravene this decision. It said the new policy would commence from 2020.
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2021/2022
- Chevening Essay Competition 2021 for Undergraduate Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
President Muhammadu Buhari stated this at the 45th convocation ceremony of the University of Benin in Edo State.
Represented by the Deputy Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission (NUC), Suleiman Yusuf directed all federal universities to ensure that every local government, all states and all geopolitical zones are represented in their admission of the new entrance.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!