The Federal Government has increased the monthly allowance of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members to N30,000 (thirty thousand naira).
Nigeria’s Minister of Finance Zainab Ahmed, disclosed this on Thursday in Abuja during a press conference.
- Nigerian Content Science and Technology Innovation Challenge 2021 for Students
- Unilever Idea Trophy Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
- Alex Otti Foundation (AOF) Tertiary Education Scholarship 2020/2021
She said the government is still working out modalities before the implementation of the new allowance for the corps members.
“Because by the Act they should earn at least the minimum wage and the NYSC also has to increase to that N30, 000,” Ahmed said.
“So, because we have not done the negotiation with labour, I cannot give you the details of what we are projecting because it is simply on projections, at the end of the day, it is what we agree with labour that will be the amount that is due,” she said.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!