FINCAD is now accepting applications from women of any age and citizenship who are studying Finance in an accredited graduate-level program for its 2021 Women in Finance Scholarship. The deadline for submission of applications for the FINCAD women in finance scholarship is June 30, 2021.
The field of finance is changing rapidly, largely in response to regulations designed to protect market practitioners and to prevent financial crises. FINCAD has long believed that deep market knowledge, transparency and trustworthiness play a critical role in making financial markets safe for all participants.
In addition, FINCAD is keenly aware that the majority of practitioners in the capital markets industry are men, and that the trend to include more women in the industry is not as rapid as it should be.
For these reasons, FINCAD established the annual FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship. The goal is to encourage and support outstanding women in the field of finance, particularly relating to the use of derivatives in capital markets and/or financial risk management, and give them an opportunity to cultivate their skills and knowledge.
FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship Eligibility
- Applications are welcomed from female citizens of all countries who are enrolled in a post-graduate program at a university accredited by the national or international body approved for that purpose in the country where the university is situated.
- You must be enrolled and attending the program on a full-time basis during the 2021-2022 academic year.
- The scholarship will be awarded to a deserving applicant who is enrolled in a post-graduate program with an emphasis on finance, particularly relating to the use of derivatives in capital markets and/or financial risk management. If your field of study does not meet that description, do not apply.
- Applicants must have no more than 10 years total work experience, and no more than five years of work experience in finance.
- Applications and all supporting documents, except university transcripts, must be in English.
FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship Benefits
- Every year, an award of US$20,000 is given to one eligible woman to help support graduate-level studies in Finance, with 50% of the award being paid directly to the winner and the remaining 50% being paid to the educational institution to directly assist with tuition.
How to Apply for FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship
They are accepting applications for this year’s scholarship opportunity starting May 4 2021. The deadline for application submission will be June 30, 2021, with the winner being announced in early August.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.