The Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi (UAM), Postgraduate School is now selling forms for admission into its various postgraduate programmes [i.e. Postgraduate Diploma, Degree of Masters and Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.)] for the 2019/2020 academic session. See the requirements, courses and how to obtain FUAM postgraduate form below.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi (FUAM) postgraduate programmes for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Latest Update: FUAM postgraduate application deadline has been extended to 10th March 2021.
Before you proceed, check – FUAM Postgraduate COURSES.
FUAM Postgraduate Admission General Requirements
The following may qualify for registration for Postgraduate studies leading to the award of:
Postgraduate Diploma :
- Graduates of the University of Agriculture, Makurdi or other recognized Universities in relevant areas.
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) with minimum pass at credit level or equivalent in relevant areas from recognized institutions.
Degree of Masters:
- Candidates who possess a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant areas from the University of Agriculture, Makurdi or other recognized universities with a minimum of Second Class Honours.
- Candidates with Third Class Honours Degree or HND (in relevant areas) with appropriate Postgraduate Diploma of the University of Agriculture, Makurdi or from other recognized institutions with minimum CGPA of 3.5 (or at least Upper Credit in the Postgraduate Diploma). In addition, the holders of HND, PGD/PGDE Certificates should satisfy the basic School Certificate or GCE Ordinary Level entry requirements (credit in five relevant subjects) for admission into Bachelors Degrees of the respective departments.
- For M.Sc. Environmental Science, graduates with a good honours degree in any of the following disciplines are also qualified: Natural Sciences, Science Education, Relevant Agricultural Sciences, Engineering, Environmental Science, Health Sciences, and other relevant disciplines from the University of Agriculture, Makurdi or other recognized institutions of higher learning.
Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) :
- Holders of Master’s Degree of the University of Agriculture, Makurdi or other recognized Universities with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5- point scale provided that satisfactory research work formed part of the degree.
How to Apply for FUAM Postgraduate Admission Form
- Create an account online by providing your emails and choosing a password (if you have not done that previously).
- Upon creation of an account, a unique application number will be issued. Copy the application number in a save place (Do not delete the email that will be sent to you). It is your reference number throughout your application.
- Make a payment of a non-refundable fee of N20,500 online using your debit card (MasterCard, Verve) or generate your RRR on the portal and visit any branch of the Commercial banks nationwide.
- A confirmation slip will be issued to you containing a 14-digit unique number as Payment Identification Number (PIN), which will enable you to continue your application. Please ensure this number is on the slip printed for you before leaving the bank.
Creating your account
- To create the account, enter your Email Address. This will be used as your user name. We will also use this email address to contact you regarding your application.
- Type in the security code (case-sensitive). This helps protect our online application service.
- Enter your password. Select a password that is easy for you to remember but is not obvious to others.
- It must be at least six characters long and should contain numbers and letters.
- Finally, click the “Create Account” button. You will be asked to confirm your password.
- Applicants are required to submit two (2) copies of the completed form to Postgraduate School with their academic credentials attached.
- Applicants must arrange for their academic transcripts to be submitted at the Postgraduate School before the closing date for sales of the form.
If you encounter any difficulty in applying for the program of your choice, you can contact the ICT support centre via the following details.
Or the Postgraduate school
See also: List of Universities Selling Postgraduate Forms for 2019/2020 Academic Session.