Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the post of Bursar at the Federal University of Lafia (FULAFIA). See the requirements and how to apply for FULAFIA Bursar Job below.
The Federal University of Lafia hereby announces that the position of BURSAR of the University will be vacant in April 2020 and so invites interested and qualified individuals to submit applications as below:
The Bursar is a Principal Officer and the chief financial officer of the University responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
By virtue of his position, the Bursar should be able to co-ordinate the development and upgrading of the University’s strategic plans and to ensure the development and update of the University’s financial management plans. The Bursar should also be able to co-ordinate the preparation of periodic income and expenditure, balance sheet and cash flow estimates and consolidation where necessary. The holder of the office shall ensure that accurate records are maintained of all assets and liabilities held by the University and be able to monitor monthly income and expenditure and balance sheet variances against the budgets, among other schedules.
The Bursar should provide the University Management with appropriate advice on all the institution’s financial transactions.
The Person : Candidate for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership; possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life, and be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
Salary: The salary and conditions of service for the Bursar shall be as obtainable in the Federal Universities in Nigeria.
FULAFIA Bursar Position Requirements.
Candidate for this post shall:
- Possess a good honours degree in Accounting from a recognized institution, possession of higher degree(s) is an added advantage;
- Must be a qualified member of a professional body such as ICAN, ACCA, ANAN;
- Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, ten years of which must be unbroken service in the University system;
- Must have attained the rank of a Deputy Bursar, or its equivalent in a University;
- Must not be above the age of 59 by April 1, 2020.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages.
How to Apply for FULAFIA Bursar Position.
Candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their applications and curriculum vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The curriculum vitae should highlight the following:
- Full Name (Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail and Telephone numbers
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates
- Positions held with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of 3 referees
The application should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked, “Post of Bursar” to:
Federal University of Lafia,
P. M. B. 146,
Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover, directly to the Registrar.
Applications should reach the Office of the Registrar, not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
Dr. Abubakar Mamuda
Registrar & Secretary to Council
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!