The Governing Council of the Federal University of Lafia (FULAFIA) had, at its 5th Regular Meeting on Wednesday, November 25, 2020, approved the appointment of Professor Shehu Abdur-Rahman as the Vice-Chancellor of the University.
Professor Shehu Abdur-Rahman has emerged the Vice-Chancellor of the Federal University of Lafia (FULafia), Lafia, Nasarawa State.
He is Professor Shehu Abdur-Rahman, who, until his appointment by the Governing Council of the University, was the Dean of the Faculty of Agriculture.
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Unilever Idea Trophy Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
- Sexual And Gender Based Violence (SGBV) Short Video Competition 2021 for Nigerians
He emerged as the best candidate from a list of 43 people who contested for the position of vice-chancellor.
His appointment was announced on Wednesday, November 25, 2020, during the 5th Regular Meeting of the Governing Council of FULafia.
The appointment of Abdur-Rahman was a sequel to a thorough process that was carried out in accordance with the University Miscellaneous Amendment Act, 1993 and a consideration of the report of the Joint Council and Senate Selection Board.
Abdur-Rahman would succeed Professor Muhammad Sanusi Liman, whose tenure as the vice-chancellor comes to an end on February 10, 2021.
Professor Abdur-Rahman would be occupying the office of the vice-chancellor for the second time as he was formerly the vice-chancellor of the Federal University of Gashua, Yobe State before his tenure was truncated by the President Muhammad Buhari-led administration in 2016.
The newly appointed vice-chancellor joined the services of the Federal University of Lafia from the Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK) in 2019.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!