The School of Preliminary and Remedial Studies at Federal University Lokoja (FULOKOJA) is inviting applications for the forthcoming 2023/2024 academic session. They offer two specific Pre-degree programmes tailored to suit various academic needs: Pre-degree I and Pre-degree II.
Table of Contents[Show]
- Categories of Pre-Degree Programmes
- Requirement for JAMB/UTME Registration
- Academic Qualifications for Pre-degree II
- Application Procedure: Step-by-Step Guide
- Campus Location
- Resumption Date for Admitted Students
- In Summary
Categories of Pre-Degree Programmes
Pre-degree I: Tailored for Candidates with O’Level Deficiencies
This programme is targeted towards candidates who have gaps in their O’Level results and need remedial classes to fill those gaps.
Pre-degree II: For Candidates Who Meet University Admission Standards but Were Not Admitted
This is aimed at individuals who fulfil the minimum requirements for university admission but were not able to secure a spot in a degree programme.
Note: Both programmes are available across Arts, Social Sciences, and Science disciplines.
Requirement for JAMB/UTME Registration
It is mandatory for candidates to register for the 2023/2024 JAMB/UTME with subject combinations that align with the university’s guidelines. Adherence to these combinations is crucial for eventual admission into the university’s 100-level courses. All programmes span one academic session.
Academic Qualifications for Pre-degree II
The minimum academic qualification required is five (5) O’Level credits, including English and Mathematics, as well as any other three (3) relevant subjects. This should be obtained in no more than two sittings.
Application Procedure: Step-by-Step Guide
Sales of Application Forms
The application process commences on Thursday, June 1, 2023, and concludes on Wednesday, December 20, 2023. The application fee is a non-refundable sum of N10,000.00.
Steps for Acquiring the Application Form
- Go to the Federal University Lokoja’s official website
- Navigate to the Predegree Portal and create an account.
- Generate the RRR code and proceed to make payment either online or via bank transaction.
- After successful payment, return to the Predegree Portal to fill out the application form.
- Print a copy of the completed application form and submit it at the School of Preliminary and Remedial Studies for documentation at Adankolo Campus.
These Pre-degree programmes are conducted at the Adankolo Campus of Federal University Lokoja.
Resumption Date for Admitted Students
The academic activities for the newly admitted students into the Pre-degree programmes are slated to commence on Wednesday, 1st November 2023.
For prospective students interested in boosting their academic prospects, the Pre-degree programmes at Federal University Lokoja offer a robust framework. Following the guidelines highlighted above will not only ensure a smooth application process but also pave the way for academic excellence in the 2023/2024 academic session.
So, what are you waiting for? Tick-tock, the clock’s ticking! Get that form and secure your future at one of Nigeria’s finest universities.