The National Universities Commission (NUC) has granted accreditation to Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo (AE-FUNAI) academic programmes.
- ASUU Strike: Imo State University (IMSU) Pulls Out, Resumes Academic Session
- Mountain Top University (MTU) JUPEB Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) Pre-Degree, JUPEB/Foundation Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Ajayi Crowther University (ACU) JUPEB/Pre-Degree Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Remedial & Basic Studies (IJMB) Registration Procedure for 2021/2022 Academic Session
Six academic programmes of the Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi state have been accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
This is contained in a letter dated 2nd August 2021 and signed by the Commission’s Director of Accreditation, Dr Maryam Sali, titled “Results of the October/November 2020 Accreditation of Academic Programmes in Nigerian Universities.”
Recall that the University had in October/November 2020 presented some of her academic programmes to the National Universities Commission for accreditation. However, due to the hiatus caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and the prolonged ASUU strike, the NUC accreditation panels visited the University for the exercise in March/April 2021.
The breakdown of the accreditation results shows that Religious Studies, Educational Administration, Guidance and Counseling and Computer Science secured full accreditation while Geology and Medicine and Surgery settled for interim accreditation. The implication of the result is that full accreditation status is valid for a period of 5 years while interim is valid for 2 years after which the programmes will be revisited.
With this favourable outcome, the University will continue to run, admit and graduate students in the concerned disciplines.
Reacting to the result of the accreditation exercise, the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Sunday Elom, noted that the required human and material resources will be put in place to ensure that all academic programmes of the University are not only fully accredited by the NUC but also by their respective professional bodies. He, therefore, called on staff to breast up to the challenge to ensure that the quality of the institution’s academic activities is maintained at all times.