Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike (AE-FUNAI), located in Ebonyi State, is currently inviting applications for its postgraduate programmes for the 2023/2024 academic session. These programmes will lead to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters, and Doctorate Degrees in a variety of specialisations.
Table of Contents[Show]
- Eligibility for AE-FUNAI Postgraduate Admission
- Duration of Programmes:
- How to Apply for AE-FUNAI Postgraduate Admission
Eligibility for AE-FUNAI Postgraduate Admission
General Entry Requirements:
Candidates aiming for a postgraduate seat at AE-FUNAI should have:
- Secured at least five (5) credits in not more than two sittings in WASC, NECO, GCE, or NABTEB, which should include English Language.
- A credit pass in Mathematics if they’re opting for the Faculties of Science; Basic Medical Sciences; and Management and Social Sciences.
- Met the minimum entry requirements for postgraduate programmes in their chosen Departments.
- Graduates from AE-FUNAI or any other University that the University Senate recognises can also apply if they meet the above criteria.
Specific Entry Requirements:
A. Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes:
Candidates eligible for PGD include:
- AE-FUNAI graduates or graduates from Senate-recognised universities with at least a Third Class Honours Bachelor Degree.
- Holders of HND with either Upper or Lower Credit level passes or its equivalent in relevant areas.
- Those with other acceptable qualifications to the School of Postgraduate Studies and the University Senate.
B. Master’s Degree Programmes:
Eligible candidates include:
- Graduates from AE-FUNAI or other recognised universities with a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields. They should have at least a Second Class Honours and a minimum of 3.0 CGPA on a 5-point scale or 2.4 on a 4-point scale.
- Individuals with relevant Postgraduate Diplomas from AE-FUNAI or recognised universities with credit level passes. They should have a minimum of 3.5 CGPA on a 5-point scale or 3.0 on a 4-point scale.
- Candidates with unclassified First Degrees but with a minimum average score of 60% (B level).
C. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Degree Programmes:
The criteria for Ph.D. admission are:
- AE-FUNAI graduates or graduates from recognised universities with relevant master’s degrees.
- A minimum of 4.00 CGPA on a 5-point scale or 3.00 on a 4-point scale in their master’s degrees.
- Those with a B level (60% average score) at master’s degree level where research work was part of the programme can also apply.
- Candidates with a CGPA between 3.50 – 3.99 on a 5-point scale will be considered for MPhil/PhD programmes.
D. Additional Information:
All programmes require O’level passes in English and Mathematics. Depending on your area of interest, certain additional criteria need to be met, such as:
- O’level credit pass in Economics for Accountancy and Business Administration Departments.
- O’level credit passes in Physics, Chemistry, and/or Biology/Agriculture for Science Programmes.
Duration of Programmes:
a. Postgraduate Diploma:
- Full-Time: Two Semesters (Minimum)
b. Master’s Degree:
- Full-Time: Three Semesters (Minimum) to six semesters (Maximum)
- Part-Time: Four Semesters (Minimum) to eight semesters (Maximum)
c. Doctorate Degree (Ph.D.):
- Full-Time: Six Semesters (Minimum) to ten Semesters (Maximum)
- Part-Time: Eight semesters (Minimum) to twelve semesters (Maximum)
How to Apply for AE-FUNAI Postgraduate Admission
To apply for the AE-FUNAI postgraduate programme:
- Start your application here: https://portal.funai.edu.ng/modules/pg/applications/PGApplicationLogin.aspx.
- Visit the official AE-FUNAI website, navigate to ACADEMIC on the Main Menu, and select the 2023/2024 PG Application.
- Input your Mobile Number and proceed to complete the Invoice Registration form. Generate an invoice for the Application Form fee of N24,000.00 (non-refundable).
- Make the payment either at a bank or using your debit card.
- After payment, return to the portal and complete your application form.
Candidates need to ensure the submission of various reports and documents to make their application valid:
- Referee Reports: Download online Referee Report forms and send them to three referees, including a former lecturer. Collect these forms back in sealed envelopes and include them in your application package.
- Academic Transcripts: Submit a transcript request slip to your University/Institution and request them to send your academic transcripts to the School of Postgraduate Studies at AE-FUNAI.
- Application Forms: Completed forms, along with the required documents like NYSC certificate, educational credentials, birth certificate, and evidence of payment, should be enclosed in a file jacket and then placed in a 10” x 15” size brown envelope.
Submissions should be sent to: The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, AE-FUNAI, PMB 1010, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
Applications will be accepted from 23rd October 2023 to 23rd December 2023.
- After online submission, print the hard copy and forward it to the Secretary of the School of Postgraduate Studies at AE-FUNAI, accompanied by other relevant documents.
- All applicants will undergo a written postgraduate admission screening test.
- Those aiming for Ph.D. must score at least 50% in the test. They should also submit a proposal of their desired specialisation area and will be invited for an oral examination. Dates for the examination will be communicated via SMS.
For any queries or concerns, you can contact AE-FUNAI at 0803 664 3162, 0813 028 6142, or 0703 362 4849.
- Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo (FUNAI) Admission List
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike (AE-FUNAI) Post UTME Result
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike Ikwo (AE-FUNAI) Postgraduate Courses
- UNIPORT Institute of International Trade and Development (IITD) Admission Form
- Federal University Birnin Kebbi (FUBK) Postgraduate Admission Form