In a significant development from the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo (AE-FUNAI), the university’s management has announced a suspension. The decision impacts the clinical programmes for the 2021/2022 and 2022/2023 academic sessions.
|🏛️ University||Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo|
|❌ Action||Indefinite Suspension of Clinical Programmes|
|💸 Reason 1||Students’ refusal to pay academic charges|
|🚫 Reason 2||Misdemeanor & acts of gross misconduct|
|⏰ Deadline||Vacate hostels by 4pm of 25th October 2023|
|📚 Affected Students||Clinical Students of College of Medicine|
|📝 Source||Memo from Registrar T. Ifeanyi Igwe Esq|
Rationale Behind the Decision
The AE-FUNAI management’s move comes in response to a series of concerns:
- Non-payment of Fees: A notable number of students have not met their financial obligations, specifically their academic session fees for both 2021/2022 & 2022/2023. These include charges related to hostel accommodation and other essential fees which had prior approval from the university’s Governing Council.
- Disciplinary Issues: The university has observed a continued pattern of misdemeanour and actions that starkly contradict the stipulations set out in the AE-FUNAI Students’ Handbook. Such instances of gross misconduct have necessitated this hard stance.
Immediate Implications for Students
Students enrolled in the aforementioned clinical programmes have been directed to:
- Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo (FUNAI) Admission List
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike (AE-FUNAI) Post UTME Result
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike Ikwo (AE-FUNAI) Postgraduate Admission Form
- Arthur Jarvis University (AJU) Remedial Programme Admission
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU) 14th Convocation Ceremony
- Vacate Hostel Premises: All affected students are to leave the hostels by or before 4 pm on 25th October 2023. This deadline has been set to ensure compliance and orderliness in the execution of the decision.
- Strict Monitoring: Post the specified deadline, any student found within the hostel precincts after 4 pm will be reported to the University Students’ Disciplinary Committee. This body will then determine the appropriate disciplinary actions to be taken against the individual.
It’s essential to underscore that this decision exclusively concerns students from the College of Medicine at AE-FUNAI.