Federal University, Oye Ekiti, FUOYE is planning to change into a dual-mode system of learning – combine both the conventional and distance learning programmes.
The Vice-Chancellor, Federal University, Oye Ekiti, Prof. Kayode Soremekun, said on Saturday that the institution was planning to change into a dual-mode to combine existing conventional academic programmes with Distance Learning Programme.
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2021/2022
- Chevening Essay Competition 2021 for Undergraduate Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
Soremekun said he had held several meetings with the Commonwealth of Learning in Vancouver, Canada, with a view to achieving the feat.
He said, “I have visited COL and held a series of meetings with the organisation. The matters discussed were focused on developing FUOYE with regards to quality assurance, employability and the strategy to transit FUOYE into a dual-mode university.
According to him, running a distance learning programme would expand the scope of scholarship around the globe through access to university education and exchange programme among commonwealth universities.
COL is an intergovernmental organisation established by the Commonwealth Heads of Government in 1988 for enhancing the quality of educational programmes of Commonwealth nations and to encourage the development and sharing of open learning and distance education knowledge and resources.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!