The Governing Council of the Federal University Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE) has approved the appointment of Prof. Abayomi Sunday Fasina as the Vice-Chancellor of the University.
The Chairman of the Governing Council, Mohammad Yahuza, made the announcement at a press conference at the National Universities Commission (NUC) on Wednesday in Abuja.
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2021/2022
- Chevening Essay Competition 2021 for Undergraduate Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
Mr Fasina, who is the outgoing Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration), will begin his tenure in February when the outgoing VC, Kayode Soremekun, leaves office.
Mr Yahuza said “the long and strenuous process of selecting a new VC has been brought to an end today”. He said, “at some point, the governing council had to stop and retrace its steps during the selection process.”
“We thank God that the retracing of the steps has produced a product that we will all be proud of,” he said.
He also said the appointment of a new vice- (VC) “has brought a lot of rancour within and outside the University”.
“Now it is my hope and prayer that all this unfortunate behaviour will come to an end,” he said.
He said the incoming VC should begin by reconciling factions.
Also speaking, the newly appointed vice-chancellor said he was grateful to the governing council and all his colleagues for considering him worthy of the position.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!