FUTA Medicine & Surgery Programme Admission Form – The management of the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) is now selling application forms for admission into its Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M. B. B. S) programme for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) programme for the 2020/2021 academic session.
FUTA MBBS Programme Admission Requirements
Five SSCE credits pass or its equivalent at ONE sitting in the following subjects: English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
English Language, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Candidates who scored a minimum of 180 marks in the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) are eligible irrespective of their most preferred choice institution. Candidates who have been offered admission in any other institution and have accepted need NOT apply.
How to Apply for FUTA Medicine & Surgery (MBBS) Admission Form
Candidates are required to:
- change their institutions of choice to FUTA (if they have not done so)
- ensure eligibility for Post-UTME by:
- checking the University’s website (www.futa.edu.ng) for the admission requirements and mode of payment for the application;
- completing and submitting the University Post-UTME Application Form online; and
- printing out a copy of the Form.
The date for the conduct of the Post-UTME screening will be communicated to candidates through extant channels of communication of the University in due course.
- The University has done all within its power to ensure a hitch-free Registration process
- The Process for change of institutions and course is not within the control of FUTA. It is an exclusive function of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board
- FUTA does not collect fees for change of institutions and course. That process is within the purview of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board
- JAMB is in the process of enabling the necessary protocols on their portal that will allow interested candidates to effect necessary changes to enable them to register for the Post UTME screening for the MBBS PROGRAMME
- It is clear that candidates can only pay for the screening with FUTA when the necessary changes have been made on the JAMB Portal. And ONLY JAMB can authorize this on its portal.
- Therefore FUTA has not collected and cannot collect any fee for post – UTME Screening from candidates who have not effected the necessary changes on the JAMB Portal
- The necessary units and officials of FUTA are in constant touch with officials of JAMB who have given strong assurances that the glitches will be sorted out in due course and there will be sufficient time for interested candidates to register for the screening.
- Candidates and their parents/sponsors are STRONGLY advised not to fall victims to the antics of fraudsters who may want to take advantage of the situation to scam them.
DEADLINE: Wednesday, 26th May, 2021.