Federal University of Technology, Minna, FUTNINNA 26th convocation ceremony programme of events and special information for graduands.
The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Musbau Adewumi Akanji, FNSBMB, FAS, on behalf of Council, Senate, Staff and students of the Federal University of Technology, Minna cordially invites the general public to the University’s 26th Convocation Ceremony for the conferment of First Degrees, Post Graduate Diplomas, Higher and Honourary Degrees and Prizes to its graduands of 2015/2016 session on Saturday, February 27, 2016 at the Main Campus, Gidan Kwano.
FUTMINNA Convocation Programme of Events.
1. Friday, February 19, 2016
Venue: Central Mosque, Main Campus, Gidan Kwano
Time: 1:15 p.m.
2, Sunday, February 21, 2016
Special Interdenominational Church Service,
Venue: Chapel of Grace, Bosso Campus,
Time: 8:30 a.m.
3. Tuesday, February 23, Tuesday 2016
Vice-Chancellor’s Press Briefing
Venue: Senate Chamber, Main Campus, Gidan Kwano
4. Wednesday, February 24, 2016
Venue: Sport Complex, Main Campus, Gidan Kwano
5. Thursday, February 25 – Friday February 26, 2016
Venue: Suleimanu Kumo Convocation Square, Main Campus,Gidan Kwano
Time: 10:00am each day.
6. Friday, February 26, 2016
Topic: “Universities and the Challenge of Tackling Innovation-Deficit in Nigeria”.
Lecturer: Prof. John O. Adeoti
Professor of Development Economics
Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research (NISER)
Venue: Caverton Lecture Theatre, Main Campus, Gidan Kwano
Time: 10:00 a.m.
7. Saturday, February 27, 2016
i) Investiture and Conferment of Honorary Degree of Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) on the Chancellor, HRM Eze Eberechi N. Dick (JP), Eze Udo 1 of Mgboko Ngwa Amaisie Autonomous Community, Chairman, Abia State Council of Traditional Rulers and Chairman, South East Council of Traditional Rulers
ii) Conferment of First Degrees, Higher Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas and Award of Prizes
Venue: Suleimanu Kumo Convocation Square, Main Campus, Gidan Kwano
Time: 10:00 a.m. prompt.
Special Information for FUTMINNA Graduands.
All graduands are required to note the following requirements:
- Hiring of Academic Gowns-N1,500.00
- Alumni Registration-N2,000.00 (for Postgraduates only)
- Order of Proceedings-N2,000.00
- Scroll- N250.00
- Collection of Certificate-N3,500.00
- All payments must be made into the University Account number 3098786009 with First Bank Plc, Minna (Account Name: FUT Micro-Finance Bank)
- Graduands must be physically present at the ceremony to receive certificates and prizes as the case may be. They are required to present the following on the spot before collection of certificates:
- The original statement of result earlier issued to them by the University
- Final year clearance form duly signed by all concerned
- Final year identity card or letter of identification from Student Affairs Division
- The above listed items (a-c) need to be processed not later than two days to the Convocation
- Issued Academic Gowns must be returned to the Academic Office through the School Secretaries immediately after the ceremony before the collection of Original Certificates.
- There will be a surcharge for any damaged Academic Gown.
- Invitation cards will be issued to the graduating students at the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs.
- Graduands will be responsible for the transportation, accommodation and feeding of their guests.
No one, including the graduands and their parents/guardians or relations, will be admitted into the convocation square after 9:30 a.m.
Graduands are not allowed to leave the convocation venue before the end of the ceremony.
No form of luggage or handbags will be allowed at the convocation venue. Graduands and guests are advised to comply with these directives.
While praying for a successful and memorable occasion, we wish you safe journey throughout the period of the event.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!