Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the 2021/2022 GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM). The deadline for submission of applications is 28th February, 2021.
Three scholarships are offered to support the training and development of the next generation of leaders in global health, and strengthen the capacity of health systems and health-related research in Africa.
These highly competitive scholarships are available to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders Eligibility.
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must:
- Be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM;
- Confirm that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study by submitting the supplementary questions form with tick-box checked;
- Meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements;
- Hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level; and
- Hold an offer of admission for 2021-22 for one of LSHTM’s 18 London-based MSc programmes of study.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate (in their application documentation) the potential to make significant contributions to public health and/or health-related research in Africa.
GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders Benefits.
Each scholarship will cover:
- Tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees; and
- A tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 17,400.
How to Apply for GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders.
Applicants should complete both steps below by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 1: Submit an application for 2021-22 for a London-based MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page. Applicants should ensure that all necessary supplementary documents (including references) are submitted via LSHTM’s admissions portal by the scholarship deadline. (Where possible, we would encourage applicants to submit a complete application for study as far in advance of the scholarship deadline as possible, to allow for timely processing.)
- Step 2: Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option from the drop-down menu. A completed supplementary questions form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment required in Step 2 (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc with their application for study).
If you have any queries about the application process, scholarship requirements or application deadline, please contact our Scholarships team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.