The date for the resumption of academic activities at the Gombe State University (GSU) for the completion of the first semester, 2019/2020 academic session has been announced. See GSU resumption date and other important dates below.
The Gombe State University (GSU) management has published the dates for the resumption of academic activities for the completion of 1st semester, 2019/2020 academic session and other important dates.
Gombe State University Resumption Dates
Further to the circular of the National Universities Commission (NUC) Ref. no NUC/ES/138/VOL63/153 dated 6th January 2021, directing Universities to re-open on the 18th of January, 2021 for the continuation of academic activities and ours on same subject matter dated 7th January, 2021 notice is hereby given to Staff, Students and the General Public for the re-opening of Gombe State University on Monday, the 25th of January, 2021.
However, the resumption of Students on campus for the completion of First Semester 2019/2020 Academic Session is staggered as follows:
- Monday 25th – Saturday 6th February 2021
- Resumption of 400level Art & social science, Education and science, 300-600level Medicine and 500level pharmacy students
- 2weeks revision/exams for 400/500 level students
- Sunday 7th February 2021
- Resumption of 300level students
- Monday 8th- Saturday 13th February 2021
- one(1) week examination for 300level students
- Sunday 14th February 2021
- Resumption of 200level students on campus
- Monday 15th – Saturday 20th, 2021
- One(1) week examination for 200level students
- Sunday 21st February 2021
- Resumption of 100level students on campus
- Monday 22nd February – Saturday 6th March 2021
- two(2) weeks lectures for 100level students
- Monday 8th – Saturday 13th March 2021
- One(1) week examination for 100level students
The university is determined to safeguard staff and students’ lives by strictly adhering to the extant safety protocol and advisories and the NCDC guidelines on COVID-19.