Harvard University Graduate School of Design (GSD) is now accepting applications from accomplished professionals and scholars working in any field related to the built environment to the 2019 cycle of the Richard Rogers Fellowship. The deadline for submission of applications is 28th October, 2018.
Harvard University Graduate School of Design (GSD) announces the 2019 cycle of the Richard Rogers Fellowship, a research-focused residency program based in London at the Wimbledon House, designed by Lord Richard Rogers in the late 1960s.
The Fellowship is intended for individuals whose research will benefit from access to London’s extraordinary institutions, libraries, practices, professionals, and other unique resources. In providing proximity and access to these resources, as well as the distinctive living quarters at the Wimbledon House, the Richard Rogers Fellowship encourages in-depth investigation of a wide array of issues pertinent to the sustainable and equitable development and transformation of the city.
The fellowship is inspired by Rogers’ commitment to cross-disciplinary investigation and social engagement, evident across his prolific output as an architect, urbanist, author, and activist.
Harvard GSD Richard Rogers Fellowship Eligibility.
- Applicants must demonstrate professional or research experience in a field related to the built environment, and must propose new or ongoing research that would benefit from a residency in London.
- Preference is given to practitioners and researchers with significant academic credentials or experience in architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning or urban design, as well as applicants who propose ambitious research projects with the potential to make a significant impact on relevant fields of research or practice.
- The Fellowship is open to applicants residing anywhere in the world.
- Current Harvard GSD employees are not eligible to apply.
- Winners are expected to secure their own travel + visitor’s documents (UK requirements differ depending on the country of origin and length of stay).
Harvard GSD Richard Rogers Fellowship Benefits.
Each of the six selected fellows receives a three-and-a-half-month residency at the Wimbledon House, as well as round-trip travel expenses, a $10,000 USD cash stipend, and unique access to London’s extraordinary institutions, libraries, practices, professionals, and other resources.
How to Apply for Harvard GSD Richard Rogers Fellowship.
Applicants will be asked to submit:
- Current CV
- Brief research proposal (700 words), including description of the need for a residency in London
- Portfolio (up to 10 images or documents), including design work and/or research projects and publications
- Three references (names and affiliations only; letters will be requested of finalists)
Apply Here Official Link
The deadline for applications for the 2019 cycle is October 28, 2018.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.