Hope for Northern Nigeria Foundation (HONNIF) is now accepting applications from undergraduates and Higher National Diploma Students of Kaduna State origin for its 2021/2022 scholarship. The deadline for the submission of applications is July 19, 2021.
HONNIF Scholarship is calling for applications – The Hope for Northern Nigeria Foundation (HONNIF) as part of its focus on the advancement of education in Northern Nigeria, provides financial support for 2500 eligible undergraduates and Higher National Diploma Students of Kaduna State origin in accredited public universities and polytechnics in Nigeria annually through the award of scholarships.
The scholarship award is worth N30, 000.00 (Thirty thousand naira) per student for the duration of an academic session. Upon award, it will be renewed subject to a minimum “CGPA equivalent of Second Class, Lower Division” for university students and “Upper Credit” for polytechnics students.
Applications are hereby invited from qualified and successful applicants of Kaduna State origin who gained admission into 100 level (through UTME), 200 level (through Direct Entry) for degree and HND 1 programme in the 2021/2022 academic session and have commenced their studies.
HONNIF Scholarship Eligibility
Only candidates who were admitted into Agriculture, Arts, Biological Sciences, Administration, Dentistry, Education, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Health Sciences & Technology, Medical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, Veterinary Medicine courses in public universities and polytechnics are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Must be an indigene of Kaduna State
- Offer of admission into a full time degree or HND programme in a public university or polytechnic
- Satisfy the minimum requirement for registration in the institution and the department or faculty as a full time student
- Credit in 5 “O” level papers including English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings
- Must not be more than 27 years of age by the date of entry into the university or polytechnic
** Note that meeting these eligibility criteria would not guarantee award of the scholarship which is subject to availability and student’s ranking in the selection exercise. Any falsification of information at any stage will result in withdrawal of the scholarship.
How to Apply for HONNIF Scholarship
Qualified and interested candidates should visit https://www.honnif.com/scholarship.html click on Apply Now and follow the instructions for the completion of the online application. Candidates should also download the Parents/Guardian Attestation Form B for completion and also take online test.
Apply Here Official Link
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a screening exercise during which they will be required to present the following.
- 3 passport photographs (each measuring 2 inches x 2 inches)
- Certificate of State of Origin/Indigenization
- Birth Certificate
- JAMB Result Slip
- Original copy of admission letter from JAMB and the Institution
- Evidence of fees payment and faculty/departmental registration
- Valid Student’s Identification Card
- WAEC or NECO senior secondary school examination result(s)
- Semester result(s)
- A letter of reference from a Community leader
- Completed Parent/Guardian Attestation Form B
- Personal Contact details (including email address)
- Alternative phone numbers
- Contact details of Next of Kin (including email address)
- Interested and qualified candidates are required to apply online
- Incomplete applications will not be processed
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Names of successful candidates will be published on the Foundation’s website
- Applicants who have already been awarded scholarships under other schemes will not be considered.
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.