Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic Seeks Approval of Campus Radio
The Department of Mass Communication, Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic, is seeking approval from the institute’s management for the commencement of a campus radio.
The head of the department, Muhammad Bashar Usman, said the department is capable of operating a campus radio, noting that the department has the required equipment and manpower, adding that campus radio is the common trend in the nation’s citadels of learning.
Speaking at a one-day workshop on public relations conference organised by the department, Usman said the station will benefit the polytechnic community and the state at large.
He said the department which was created in 2000 as a unit in the defunct Languages Department has metamorphosed into a full-pledged department and was fully accredited by NBTE to run HND programmes.
- Secure Admission to ATAPOLY Without JAMB
- Federal Cooperative College (FCC) Ibadan Admission Acceptance Fee
- Heritage Polytechnic Freshers’ Orientation Programme
- Nigerian Institute of Leather and Science Technology (NILEST) Diploma Admission Form
- Nigerian Institute of Leather and Science Technology (NILEST) HND Admission Form
In a paper titled: ‘the prospects and challenges of public relations practitioners’, Malam Sule Yau Sule, Special Assistant on Media to former Governor of Kano State, Malam Ibrahim Shekarau, said public relations practitioners in the country must brace up and face the challenges posed by the new information and communication technology in order to compete favourably or risk losing relevance and their jobs. (