Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, IAUE has gained 100 per cent accreditation from the National University Commission (NUC) for 13 new programmes.
The National Universities Commission (NUC) has given full accreditation status to programmes run by Ignatius Ajuru University of Education.
The Vice-Chancellor Professor Ozo-Mekuri Ndimele disclosed this at the statutory Senate meeting which held on Wednesday January 29, 2020 at the postgraduate hall of the institution.
Recall that a thirty three man expert team from the NUC had visited the university on resource assessment and verification of proposed academic programmes run by the institution on Thursday November 28, 2019.
The programmes are:
- Economics- M.Sc & Ph.D — Full
- Sociology- M.Sc & Ph.D — Full
- Educational Management- M.ED & Ph.d- Full
- Primary Education-M.ED & Ph-D – Full
- Business Education- M.Sc.ED & Ph.D- Full
- English- M.A & Ph.D- Full
- French-.M.A & Ph.D- Full
- History- M.A & Ph.D- Full
- Biology- M.Sc & Ph.D- Full
- Chemistry- M.Sc & Ph.D- Full
- Physics- M.Sc & Ph.D- Full
- Mathematics- M.Sc & Ph.D- Full
- Political Science- B.Sc- Full
This current number of programmes with full accreditation is in addition to undergraduate Programmes of the institution which had 100% full accreditation status.
The Vice-Chancellor who expressed appreciation to staff for the success recorded stated that he is hopeful that the State Governor Chief Nyesom Ezenwo Wike will grant approval for employment to cater for the staffing needs of the institution which is a requirement from the National Universities Commission (NUC) for the establishment of full time mode of other programmes especially Mathematics.