The Imo State University (IMSU) School of Post Graduate Studies (SPGS) is now selling applications forms for admission into its various postgraduate prgrammes for the 2019/2020 academic session. See the requirements and how to apply for IMSU postgraduate form below.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for admission into the under listed Postgraduate Diploma and higher degree (full-time and part-time) programmes of Imo State University (IMSU) in the 2019/2020 academic session.
Before you proceed, check: IMSU Postgraduate COURSES.
IMSU Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- Nigerian Content Science and Technology Innovation Challenge 2021 for Students
- Unilever Idea Trophy Competition 2021 for Nigerian Students
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme 2021 for Entrepreneurs | $5,000 in Seed Capital + More
- Türkiye Scholarships 2021 for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies | Fully Funded to Study in Turkey
- Alex Otti Foundation (AOF) Tertiary Education Scholarship 2020/2021
All prospective applicants must possess ab initio at least 5 O’level Credit passes at not more than 2 sittings from WASC, GCE, NABTEB, NECO or TC II. For all Social Science courses, a credit in Mathematics is required. Apart from the basic UME of five credits, two of the credits must be in English and Mathematics in all disciplines in the Faculty of Education. Any candidate who does not satisfy the O’level requirements for the courses of choice shall not be considered for admission. In addition, there are specific Departmental/Faculty requirements, which applicants have to meet. Details of these are available on this portal.
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes:
Applicants must hold a good honours degree or at least HND from an institution recognised by the Senate of Imo State University, Owerri. However, applicants for PGD in Construction Management may be considered if they have certain other certificates plus not less than ten years post qualification experience in a related field. For PGD in Medical Laboratory Science, applicants must possess AIMLS/AIMLT or FIMLT or equivalent qualifications registerable with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN).
Masters Degree Programmes:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree with second class honours in relevant discipline with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 5-point scale, minimum CGPA of 2.4 on 4-point scale, minimum of 60% on 100% scale or Postgraduate Diploma at Credit or Higher level in the relevant discipline, or equivalent qualification.
- For Masters Degree in Education (Measurement and Evaluation) the candidates must have adequate mathematics background.
- Applicants for M.Sc. Architecture may be required to present a portfolio of their work and/or appear for interview.
- MPA applicants must have a minimum of five years postgraduate working experience.
- Applicants to the Masters programme will take a screening test on date to be fixed.
PhD Degree Programmes:
Masters degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent qualifications with at least 3.5 CGPA on 5-point scale, 3.00 on a 4-point scale or 70% on 100%. Applicants for the PhD programme will take a screening test on a date to be fixed. Applicants will find information on this on the SPGS website (www.imsu.edu.ng).
MPhil/PhD Degree Programmes:
Masters degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent qualifications with CGPA of 3.0 – 3.49 on 5-point scale, 2.4 – 2.93 on a 4-point scale or 60% – 69% on 100%.
NOTE: Applicants for the Masters Degree, MPhil/PhD and PhD programmes will take a screening test on a date to be fixed. Applicants will find information on this on the SPGS website (imsu.edu.ng).
NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate:
Photocopies of NYSC discharge or exemption certificate must be attached to the completed application forms, to merit consideration.
Candidates are advised to apply to their former institutions to forward authenticated copies of their transcripts under sealed cover directly to Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies (SPGS). Candidates should note that their application may not be processed without all the supporting documents, including transcript, certificates, passport photographs, and referee reports.
Minimum Duration of Programmes:
The normal duration for PGD programme is, two semesters for full-time and four semesters for part- time students. For Masters Students, it is three semesters for full-time and six semesters for part-time. For PhD Programmes, the minimum duration is six semesters for full time and eight semesters for part- time. In addition to the admission requirements, every candidate in regular employment must submit with his/her application a formal letter of release for Postgraduate studies issued by his/her employer.
How to Apply for IMSU Postgraduate Form
- Candidates should visit the IMSU website: www.imsu.edu.ng and follow the online application steps below:
- Click on the Portal link. Click on Post Graduate programme (PG)
- Click on the Post Graduate form option to apply
- On the Application Page, enter your email address (functional e-mail) and proceed to submit
- Generate Payment Invoice”, fill in your details ACCURATELY and Click the “Submit” button
- Print your invoice and proceed to any Bank for payment or alternatively pay with your bank ATM Card
- Return to the University website (imsu.edu.ng) to complete and submit the Online Application Form.
- Ensure you Enter correct e-mail address of your Referee.
- Candidates are required to review the application details supplied before submitting their online application.
- Print ‘Acknowledgement Slip’, Referee form. Thesis, for submission in IMSU PG School.
Closing date for application for the 2019/2020 session is 14th February, 2020. All application forms must be completed and returned to The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies (SPGS) on or before 14th February, 2020.
The School of Postgraduate Studies expects the recommendations by referees in sealed separate envelopes; referees report could either come with the main application forms or be mailed directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies before the deadline for the submission of forms.
Aptitude test for intending Postgraduate Students comes up on Friday 15th February, 2020. Time and venue for the Aptitude test will be communicated in due time.
Please note that incomplete information or late submission of forms may deiay/prevent action on such application.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!