IMSU Postgraduate Admission Form 2021/2022
Last updated on
The Imo State University (IMSU) School of Post Graduate Studies (SPGS) is now selling applications forms for admission into its various postgraduate programmes for the 2021/2022 academic session. See the requirements and how to apply for IMSU postgraduate form below.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for admission into the under listed Postgraduate Diploma and higher degree (full-time and part-time) programmes of Imo State University (IMSU) in the 2021/2022 academic session.
Before you proceed, check: IMSU Postgraduate COURSES.
IMSU Postgraduate Admission Requirements
All prospective applicants must possess ab initio at least 5 O’level Credit passes at not more than 2 sittings from WASC, GCE, NABTEB, NECO or TC II. For all Social Science courses, a credit in Mathematics is required. Apart from the basic UME of five credits, two of the credits must be in English and Mathematics in all disciplines in the Faculty of Education. Any candidate who does not satisfy the O’level requirements for the courses of choice shall not be considered for admission. In addition, there are specific Departmental/Faculty requirements, which applicants have to meet. Details of these are available on this portal.
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes:
Applicants must hold a good honours degree or at least HND from an institution recognised by the Senate of Imo State University, Owerri. However, applicants for PGD in Construction Management may be considered if they have certain other certificates plus not less than ten years post qualification experience in a related field. For PGD in Medical Laboratory Science, applicants must possess AIMLS/AIMLT or FIMLT or equivalent qualifications registerable with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN).
Masters Degree Programmes:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree with second class honours in relevant discipline with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 5-point scale, minimum CGPA of 2.4 on 4-point scale, minimum of 60% on 100% scale or Postgraduate Diploma at Credit or Higher level in the relevant discipline, or equivalent qualification.
- For Masters Degree in Education (Measurement and Evaluation) the candidates must have adequate mathematics background.
- Applicants for M.Sc. Architecture may be required to present a portfolio of their work and/or appear for interview.
- MPA applicants must have a minimum of five years postgraduate working experience.
- Applicants to the Masters programme will take a screening test on date to be fixed.
PhD Degree Programmes:
Masters degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent qualifications with at least 3.5 CGPA on 5-point scale, 3.00 on a 4-point scale or 70% on 100%. Applicants for the PhD programme will take a screening test on a date to be fixed. Applicants will find information on this on the SPGS website (www.imsu.edu.ng).
MPhil/PhD Degree Programmes:
Masters degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent qualifications with CGPA of 3.0 – 3.49 on 5-point scale, 2.4 – 2.93 on a 4-point scale or 60% – 69% on 100%.
NOTE: Applicants for the Masters Degree, MPhil/PhD and PhD programmes will take a screening test on a date to be fixed. Applicants will find information on this on the SPGS website (imsu.edu.ng).
NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate:
Photocopies of NYSC discharge or exemption certificate must be attached to the completed application forms, to merit consideration.
Candidates are advised to apply to their former institutions to forward authenticated copies of their transcripts under sealed cover directly to Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies (SPGS). Candidates should note that their application may not be processed without all the supporting documents, including transcript, certificates, passport photographs, and referee reports.
Minimum Duration of Programmes:
The normal duration for PGD programme is, two semesters for full-time and four semesters for part- time students. For Masters Students, it is three semesters for full-time and six semesters for part-time. For PhD Programmes, the minimum duration is six semesters for full time and eight semesters for part- time. In addition to the admission requirements, every candidate in regular employment must submit with his/her application a formal letter of release for Postgraduate studies issued by his/her employer.
How to Apply for IMSU Postgraduate Form
Candidates should visit the IMSU website: www.imsu.edu.ng and follow the online application steps below:
- Click on the admissions menu on the website to be directed to the admission portal
- Click on the post-graduate admission on the side menu and click on apply
- Enter your full name, email address, phone number, password and click on submit
- Verify your email
- Pay the application fee either with your card online or generate a transaction reference to pay at any bank branch of your choice
- After payment, fill and submit your application form, and upload all required documents.
- After signup and verification of your email, you will be able to log in to your application account with your application number and password to continue and complete your application at any time before the closing date.
- Print the acknowledgement form, Referee form, Thesis, for submission to the School of Post Graduate Studies, Imo State University.
The closing date for application for the 2021/2022 session is 17th December 2021.
Documents to Be Submitted
In addition to the application acknowledgement forms printed from the admission portal, the following documents must be submitted to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies (SPGS) on or before 17th January 2022.
- First School Leaving Certificate
- O’level Statement of Result(s)
- Birth Certificate
- Higher Education Statement of Result (PGD, B.SC & M.SC)
- NYSC Certificate Or Exemption Letter
- Completed and Signed Referees Reference Form For Three (3) Referees
- Local Government Identification
- Four (4)Passport Photo
- .Marriage Certificate (If Name is Changed)
- Higher Education Transcripts
The School of Postgraduate Studies expects the recommendations by referees in sealed separate envelopes; referees reports could either come with the main application acknowledgement forms or be mailed directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies before the deadline for the submission of forms.
Please note that incomplete information or late submission of forms may delay/prevent action on such applications.
SEE ALSO : List of Universities Selling Postgraduate Forms for 2021/2022 Academic Session.
Ace Your Exams: Join Our Online Classes For JAMB, WAEC, NECO & NABTEB Candidates